Saturday, November 01, 2008

Welcome ACP Internist Readers!


Welcome to those of you who have clicked on over here after reading the article about me in the November/December 2008 ACP Internist entitled, "Podcast Engages Medical Bloggers In A Virtual Talk Show." Thanks so much to Jessica who contacted me and interviewed me for this piece. I'm a Family Doc here in NE Ohio and have really enjoyed integrating new media to my medical life.

If you like what you see, hear, and read, I encourage you to subscribe to my show, my blog, and my twitter account. This is the best way to get to know me. In addition to the internet radio show that is covered in the ACP article, I also utlilze the new media tool called Twitter which connects me with other people in new media medicine. (What is twitter? Click here and check it out)

Thanks again for stopping by. And, hey, don't be a stranger. The Doctor Anonymous community is a friendly one with great people including docs, nurses, other medical professionals, patients, and anyone else with an interest in medicine. In my opinion, we have best groups around in new media medicine social networking!

16 comments:

Vijay said...

Congrats Dr.A.

Every other podcast that the author mentions in the sidebar is an impersonal, huge institutional one. Yours is the only personal podcast. You're truly unique.

Rock on. Waiting to see you again this Friday morning with Tim :)

Dr. A said...

Thanks so much Vijay! For those who don't know, Vijay is a radiologist in India and listens to the show live on Friday mornings where he's at when it's Thursday evening here :)

Anonymous said...

Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby...

That song was for you, Dr. A!

Is Symtym on tomorrow or what? Big debate in the Twitosphere over it.

rlbates said...

Congrats, Dr A!

Bongi said...

doctor a is truly a pioneer in the medbolg community.

Sassy Scrubs.com said...

Congratulations, Dr A!

Anonymous said...

very nice blog site some how i found you looking for things on our sons birth defect esophageal atresia, i wish you all the best.

Anonymous said...

You're on your way up, Dr. A! I can't wait until the day when I can say, "I read his blog before he was famous."

Mary said...

Awww, lookit you bein all popular and stuff. How fun!

Anonymous said...

Hello I found your blog looking for stuff on our sons birth defect esophageal atresia. i wish you the best and you have a great blog.

Amanda said...

Doc A, you totally rock :)

Bo... said...

Hi Dr. A!

The Angry Medic said...

Hey Dr A, long time no bug! I've just returned from a long hiatus away and decided to visit your place to see if you've added any more new shows to your ever-growing List of Things To Take Time Away From Sleeping Hours (seriously, do you sleep?)

Nice to find you growing ever more famous and workaholic-like; maybe you can teach me how to stay awake being all productive. They took away my key to the on-call room anymore because apparently all I do is sleep whilst on call. (They're just jealous that I don't look a hundred years old in the morning.)

may said...

congratulations dr.A!

and...is it just me and my computer, or your post is really dated december 01, 2008?

Irishdoc said...

Good to see you are well. After being outed and temporarily retiring, I thought i'd rejoin the blogging world

Steve said...

Hey Doc! We met briefly at Podcamp Ohio. I've been checking your stuff out ever since. You really have something here and I'm excited to have the opportunity to watch it evolve!

Podcamp was great and I can't wait until the next one. After leaving, I was inspired to start my first podcast with a friend called The App Show (theappshow.com). It's not as innovative as your show but it's a start!