Friday, November 07, 2008

Dr. A Show 57: Kim


BlogTalkRadio Listen Live

Friday, November 7th, 2008 at 9pm Eastern Time

For the third show in three days, I am still here in Dallas, Texas broadcasting and I'm having a great week here at the conference. Tonight, I'm happy to welcome Kim from the blog As The Pump Turns to The Doctor Anonymous Show 57. She is in her first year of nursing school up there in the Pacific Northwest of the United States. She is also currently a dialysis tech. So, I'll be asking her about her transition to nursing school. And, who knows what other topics will come up.

If you do listen live, you can even take part in the chat room. It is truly "The show within the show." You can even call in and say hello. A great opportunity to interact with medbloggers you've only read about. And, you will be able to see me on the live webcam during the show! See you tonight!

For first time Blog Talk Radio listeners:
*Although it is not required to listen to the show, I encourage you to register on the BlogTalkRadio site prior to the show. I think it will make the process easier.

*To get to my show site, click here. As show time gets closer, keep hitting "refresh" on your browser until you see the "Click to Listen" button. Then, of course, press the "Click to Listen" button.

*You can also participate in the live chat room before, during, and after the show. Look for the "Chat Available" button in the upper right hand corner of the page. If you are registered with the BTR site, your registered name and picture will appear in the chat room.

*You can also call into the show. The number is on my show site. I'll start taking calls about halfway into the show. Hope these tips are helpful!


Update: Thanks so much to Kim for being on the show 57. (You can click on the player above to listen to the show, or download the show here) I had no idea that by the experience she had with her grandfather needing dialysis - this is part of the reason she chose to work as a dialysis tech. And, now, she is an advocate for those patients with kidney disease - especially those with dialysis. We also talked about her work specifically in the inner city of Seattle at a dialysis clinic. In addition, we talked about life as a first year nursing student.

Thanks so much to Marq and to Annie who called into the show tonight. Did you know that our guest named her pet fish after Annie? Why? Well, you'll have to listen to the show to find out. Thanks also to those of you who joined the show for the first time this evening. I really appreciate it, and I hope you're able to come back and enjoy future shows.

Thankfully, no technical glitches on the show tonight. I have to tell ya. I probably said this before, but I may have bit off more than I could chew doing four shows in four nights - plus this conference I'm at. My buddies have already "yelled" at me for not being able to at least hang out with our buddy Grunt Doc while I'm here. And, that's totally my fault. I'm an idiot for not balancing my time right on that. Ugh.

Tomorrow is my last full day here in Dallas. One more long day of lectures and one more show tomorrow night. I'll have details on tomorrow's show coming up soon. Oh yeah, I forgot to reference in the show that the opening music for tonight's show was from the TV show "Dallas." A bad inside joke thing. Yeesh.

No comments: