Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Swiss seek out blogaholics

CNN reports that Switzerland's Department for the Prevention of Addiction (no joke) launched a poster campaign for potential addicts.
"They are at risk of facing problems in their social surroundings or at the workplace," the department said. Internet addicts suffer from psychological withdrawal symptoms, it said.

I can't believe that they found out I live in Switzerland! I thought I successfully took steps to hide my identity and location. Sheesh!

I'm glad that the Swiss have recognized this problem and are taking action. Does anyone have friends in Switzerland? Maybe we can have a Blogaholics Anonymous meeting there to really help them through this difficult time.

9 comments:

Cathy said...

That is to funny...I love it. We could invite them to America to our BA meeting this Friday.

Lea said...

I think we should all pack up and take a trip to Switzerland!

ipanema said...

lol Dr. A, I think they're a bit late in realizing there are blogaholics.

Mother Jones RN said...

I agree with lea. Let's call a travel agent and book a group tour.

My name is Mother Jones RN, and I'm a blogaholic.

HP said...

That's cute. I think I'd have to avoid that meeting though as I'm a Swisschocoholic!

HP said...

Actually, as a serious side to blogging, you might find it interesting to read this person's experience of being sacked for blogging.

http://www.petiteanglaise.com/

Anonymous said...

Swiss Blogaholics? And the Gov is getting involved??? I thought the Swiss were a liberated bunch!?

As long as the good old USA doesn't come after us, we're golden!

Instead of having a Blogaholics meeting there, we should perhaps give them asylum? ;o)

ClinkShrink said...

In keeping with the tradition of maintenance therapy for addicts, I humbly suggest the Swiss provide chocolate as a substitute for blogging.

Everyone in favor, post a comment.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, I'm suffering from withdrawal . . . You don't want me to blog today though. It would just be a rant about how much I hate stats!