Saturday, July 15, 2006

Hotel Coffee

I logged into bloglines this morning and saw an update of my favorite podcast called Hotel Coffee. Dan O'Leary is a pilot who works in the western United States. I don't know anything about aviation, and it's SO different than medicine. It's been very interesting listening to all the technical aspects of the show. And, I've enjoyed learning about the life of a pilot.

Podcasting is an entirely different medium than blogging. I have to be honest -- at first I was drawn more toward podcasting rather than blogging. I like listening to books on CD and hearing someone's voice telling a story (and also added music) definitely gives a lot more layers than reading a story on a page.

I finally e-mailed Dan this week and I got mentioned in his show. Very exciting -- my first podcast plug! I know this is going to sound really cheezy, but it was because of Hotel Coffee that I decided to start blogging. Earlier this year, I was really exploring podcasting and I found out that there was a lot of technical stuff that my patience probably couldn't handle.

I heard from a lot of different sources, including Hotel Coffee, to just start writing (meaning blogging) because it doesn't really matter what you say or if anyone reads it. And now, it's almost four weeks later of blogging and here's where I'm at!

Thanks to Dan for mentioning my fan mail on his podcast and putting my link up on his website. (BTW, Welcome to all the Hotel Coffee listeners!) I encourage you to check out his site and his podcast. I load up Hotel Coffee every week on my iPod and I know you will enjoy it, too.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I also don't know much about aviation but I love looking at sharp planes and going to the air shows.

Speaking of which I had an email yesterday of some of the sharpest looking planes I had ever seen. It was the "Blue Angels' I thought they were beautiful. One of them was flying over the twin towers before 9/11, and then flying across niagra falls, beautiful formations, etc...

I couldn't figure out how to add them to my blog because the pics were pretty big and I didn't want my sidebar going to the bottom again.

I emailed them to you and several other people but I haven't heard if anyone received them or not. Can you let me know if they went though Dr. A.?

It's me, T.J. said...

I have never listened to a podcast.

hmmm...

I should probably check it out.

later...