Sunday, July 23, 2006

And the winner is...

Thanks so much for your feedback on which post I should submit to Grand Rounds. In reviewing the comments, I'm going to be submitting Why. I knew that none of you would let me down. I may ask you to vote again in the future for my GR submission -- That was fun! Although,I have to admit, I did not expect the impact this post would have, because others made their interpretations on their meaning of why....

NeoNurseChic, in her post, Why: One of Life's Biggest Questions, talked about being in a neurology case study and started off her questions with "Why Did This Happen To Me?" She then posed a set of questions of the frustration in her job and with her life. I really appreciated her post in that it really tapped into the emotional state I was in for my writing. Carrie, you and I are on the same wavelength sometimes (feel sorry for you). Thanks for your poignant post.

kt asked some why questions on the lighter side of life in her post It Was A Good Idea At The Time. Funny stuff. I do admit that I'm one of those people who get up at the end of the night to karyoke. My song: "Roxanne" by The Police. Can you imagine this? You don't have to, there's probably video of me somewhere doing this song. Check YouTube.

For Those Times You Ask Me Why, is the title of a post on In My Humble Opinion (formerly the Fine Art Doctor -- I like the name change by the way). It is insightful poetry about being in medical school. His writing ends, "...And all I can say... is sadly, I don't know why."

Ripple of Hope turned the conversation around with the post Why Not? "Why not try to change things and why not get involved?" Interesting thoughts.

Dreaming again changed the conversation again in the post titled, "How, not why" "How do I begin to tear down the wall without putting up another one in it's place?"

I really appreciate all the discussion that has taken place. It has been very insightful to me. I'll finish with a couple of humorous posts asking "Why Ask Why?" One from Use Wisdom and the other from GJ. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How does it feel to be a trendsetter? ;o)

Thanks for getting us to ponder the "whys" and "why nots."

NeoNurseChic said...

No no...I feel sorry for YOU if we're on the same wavelength often enough! Thanks for the link, and I'm glad you chose the Why post for GR. I think I'm going to use my Floyd Landis post and submit that. Raise a little awareness for the AVN crowd.

Hope you're having a good weekend! I'm waiting for my friend, Jesse, to get here so we can go bat around a yellow fuzzy ball. Something about that will probably bring me great peace I think! ;) Must go dig the racket out of the closet and make sure it doesn't have any broken strings!

Take care,
Carrie :)