Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Grand Rounds

Grand Rounds 2.43 is hosted this week by Chronic Babe and she had a theme, "It's All About the Ladies." I can't believe I'm taking abuse over this.
Here's healthpsych: "So, an honorary girl after all? (Grand Rounds theme - It's all about the girls)" Ouch!

Anyway here's the snipet from today's Grand Rounds post:
Doctor Anonymous works with an elderly patient to decide her best course of care. "Whatever you decide is probably as good or better than anything I would say," he tells her. In the end, she decides to leave things be.

Thanks to Chronic Babe for hosting this week. I haven't seen anyone announced for the host for next week. Hmmm.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

As of this moment, no host is mentioned at Nick's site either:

http://blogborygmi.blogspot.com/2004/09/grand-rounds-archive-upcoming-schedule.html

Hmmmm, you would make a good host, Dr. A! ;o)

Dr. A said...

Thanks DP (aka Ripple of Hope), I would definitely go into blogoverload and my trusty little Mac may undergo spontaneous combustion -- not a pretty site. The amount of posts they get, they almost need a small team of people doing that now, IMHO. Thanks for your confidence, though, I appreciate it...

Anonymous said...

Gee, I was reading this in Bloglines, and came over just say: "Go for it, Dude!"

But I can see that DP has beaten me to it, and that you're in "back pedal" mode ...

That's a shame - you'd make a great host ...

*poke!* >;o)

Fat Doctor said...

Sounds like you should volunteer for the job...I did it a few months ago. I had a bunch of strokes the next week, but I'm sure the two events weren't related. :)

Dr. A said...

Apparently, not everyone liked GR this week. Click here.

If I had any thought of hosting, it's definitely erased now. I kind of like the theme concept. It tries to keep things fresh and different. Now, you don't have to have it every week, but every now and again is ok.

What's the problem if you're not posted every single week, or if your post is excluded because it does not fit the theme?

No wonder there may be a problem finding a host next week. There's probably pressure to make sure that every single entry gets posted. Who wants to read all those entries, group them together, and format all of that? Any takers?

HP said...

Purely tongue in cheek, Dr. A :)
I wish you'd host too. I'm certain you'd do an excellent job!

Mother Jones RN said...

Vote for Dr. A for G.R. host.! Sorry, it's an election year and politics rev me up.
I like the idea of "theme of the week." A theme acts as a corner stone, and ties all the posts together.

Just the thoughts of an opinionated nurse.

Mother Jones RN