Thursday, November 08, 2007

LIVE tonight: Dr. Nick Genes


BlogTalkRadio Listen Live

Thursday, November 8th, 2007 at 10:00pm Eastern Time

Join us tonight for Nick Genes, MD, PhD. Nick is best known for Grand Rounds, Blogborygmi, and MedGadget. See you tonight!

For first time Blog Talk Radio listeners:
*Although it is not required to listen to the show, I encourage you to register on the BlogTalkRadio site prior to the show. I think it will make the process easier.

*To get to my show site, click here. As show time gets closer, keep hitting "refresh" on your browser until you see the "Click to Listen" button. Then, of course, press the "Click to Listen" button.

*You can also participate in the live chat room before, during, and after the show. Look for the "Chat Available" button in the upper right hand corner of my show site. If you are registered with the BTR site, your registered name and picture will appear in the chat room. (If not, you will be designated as "guest")

*You can also call into the show. The number is on my show site. I'll be taking calls beginning at around the bottom of the hour. Hope these tips are helpful!

As far as GR 4.08, I have more than 20 submissions already. Again, a lot more at this point verses last year when I hosted. Keep those submissions coming in. Have you sent something to me yet? Why not? If you'd like more details on what I'm looking for, just click here and read on!!

Update: Thanks so much to Nick for being a great guest! Unfortunately, I had another technical glitch at the beginning of the show. But, not as bad as last week. The sound comes back at around 5 minutes into the show. The good news was that the chat room was working.

We started talking about his emergency medicine residency and how we started blogging. And, then the start of the Grand Rounds blog carnival. How does Nick find hosts for this blog carnival? He answers that question.

For the medical bloggers out there, he also shares his feelings about the idea of using themes during Grand Rounds. I talk about this as well. Later in the show, he share his thoughts about the number of posts per week is just about the right number.

Thanks so much to Dr. Val and MJRN for calling into the show. I'd also like to thank everyone in the chatroom - including the scan man himself tuning in all the way from India. Sorry the sound wasn't working, though. Hopefully, you'll be able to listen to the archives.

After the 60 minute mark, when the live feed was over, Nick and I talked about my upcoming Medscape interview with him. We really hyped it up - don't miss this Pre-rounds interview. It's going to be good.

We closed by talking about Medgadget, the Medgadget medblog awards which will be coming up in January, and advice for first time Grand Rounds hosts. We probably could have talked for another 30 minutes - but that's why I'm going to bring him back for another show. hehe

5 comments:

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

gonna try and get there tonight Doc...

nickgenes said...

Hey thanks Dr. Anonymous! That was really A LOT of fun -- now I can totally see why people love this show. Thanks for keeping it interesting and being so nice. Looking forward to future editions...

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

damn...ended up on a phone call for 2.5 hours last night...sorry Doc...

Vijay said...

Thanks Dr.A, I did listen to the 'extra large bonus' archive of the show.

Mother Jones RN said...

Great show, Dr. A. Thanks!

MJ