Friday, March 13, 2009

Show 82 Wrap-up



Thanks so much to MudPhudder for being my guest on Show 82. We talked about his path to medical school and graduate school. It's always great hearing why choose the career path that they choose. He also explained some of the training process for MD/PhD students. (You can listen to the show on the player above or download the show here.)

His graduate school work was in immunology and he explained very well what that is for those who are unfamiliar. We also talked about his experience with the residency interview process. Sure, there are flaws, and MP talked about them. How to improve the process? That's the tough part. We also talked about how you answer this question - "What makes you a better applicant for this residency program verses someone else?"

Finally, we talked about his fabulous blog. His blogroll is full of academic and research blogs. I always enjoy checking out other blogrolls in that they help expose to me subjects that I may not know much about. Finally, MP and I answered a callers question about an interesting topic. You'll have to listen to the show to find out what that was. How did we handle the caller? Let us know. (Also don't forget to check out the video post above)

Don't forget to join us on Saturday, March 14th at 9pm Eastern Daylight Time for "The Night Shift with Dr. A." My co-host Kat and I will talk about interesting news stories (to me). And, who knows what else will come up? Have a great weekend and see you for The Night Shift!