Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dr. A Show 82: MudPhudder


BlogTalkRadio Listen Live

Thursday, March 12th, 2008 at 9pm Eastern Time (0200 GMT)

The Doctor Anonymous Show is happy to welcome the blogger named "MudPhudder" to the show. You can find the following description of this mysterious person on the blog of the same name:
So I’m new to the blogging community so let me tell you a few things about myself. I am an 8th year MD/PhD student at a large academic center. I have been a medical student, then a graduate student–my PhD was in immunology, and now a medical student again. I will hopefully be graduating from medical school this May and I am currently in the exciting process of applying for a residency position for next June/July. My main hobbies usually revolve around some kind of exercise–mostly weightlifting. That’s me in a nutshell (sadly?). Perhaps more like an onion with many layers underneath each one peeled back. I don’t know if that’s anymore appealing.
We're going to talk a little about the blog and a little about how it is to be a medical student these days. MP has asked me to keep the anonymity and I totally understand that. So, you the devoted Dr. A listener will see how I can skillfully ask these questions during this interview as not to jeopardize that request.

If you are new to the show, I encourage you to catch us live. There is a great chat room that also goes on. You can even see my shining face on the webcam. In addition, you can call into the show to say hello. Can't catch us live? That's ok. You can listen anytime after the show as it is saved as a podcast so you can listen later.

For first time Blog Talk Radio listeners:
*Although it is not required to listen to the show, I encourage you to register on the BlogTalkRadio site prior to the show. I think it will make the process easier.

*To get to my show site, click here. As show time gets closer, keep hitting "refresh" on your browser until you see the "Play/Chat" button. Then, of course, press the "Play/Chat" button.

*You can also participate in the live chat room before, during, and after the show. Look for the green "Chat Now" button. If you are registered with the BTR site, your registered name and picture will appear in the chat room.

*You can also call into the show. The number is on my show site. If you have a headset microphone, you can "call" into the show by looking for the "Click To Talk" button at the top of the chat box to try out the BTR VoIP option. Hope these tips are helpful!

Update: Thanks so much to KevinMD and to Ramona for spreading the word about the show. I appreciate it!