Thursday, December 13, 2007

Tonight's Show Changed


The good news is that I'm not going to cancel The Doctor Anonymous Show tonight. The bad news (and it's not really bad news) is that something has come up to make me change topics for the show tonight.

First of all, Dr. Val contacted me saying that she was feeling ill and was not able to be on the show tonight. Everyone send Dr. Val a "Get Well" e-mail! I have three words for her - "Physician, Heal Thy Self.' HA! Hope you're feeling better.

Next, MexicoMedStudent (pictured above) contacted me and told me about what his medical school is doing to him. Here's just the beginning of his post called "School Beating Me Down Once Again", but I encourage you to read the whole thing...
This post is way late in coming, but I can’t hold it in anymore. As many of you might remember, I took a voluntary leave from school this semester to focus on personal matters. I said that the worst of all possibilities was that I’d look back on this time, now drawing nearer to a close, and feel that I wasted 6 months of my life, having gotten no further in my personal goals.

Well, UAG doesn’t disappoint, and they’ve trumped themselves in the sodomizing students department. While I do have some regrets about things I didn’t get to accomplish during my break (which, as I remind myself, is not over), the reality is UAG has given me the biggest stressor of all: creating an untenable situation which would force me to leave school altogether, the last two years of my life wasted and over 120k of debt for my troubles.
Wow! You can feel the emotion just come through the screen. So, naturally, he's not really in the holiday spirit.

One of the reasons I started a radio show was to talk with people and have them share their stories - and this is a compelling one. This is a show that you need to listen to. There's a lot of crap on television that is called "reality TV." But, boys and girls, this is real life.

This is a story of a guy who has a dream of being a doctor. From reading his blog and talking with him a little bit in the last hour, someone who has went through some personal and professional trials and tribulations. And, just TODAY, learned that his dream may be delayed, or even destroyed by the medical school that he his attending.

This is a story that needs to be told. This is a story that you have to listen to. This is a story that you need to listen to. Tune in Tonight at 9pm Eastern Standard Time on The Doctor Anonymous Show.

1 comment:

Muddy said...

I hate I keep forgetting/missing your live shows. They sound like lots of fun. Hopefully one day I'll get there live.