Monday, December 03, 2007

Facebook: Docteur Incognito


I briefly talked about this during my show last week. About a year ago, I was totally against social networking sites. In fact, I have made fun of them in a post back then. Maybe it was just an anti my space thing. Who knows?

But, since then, I've been further exploring and investigating this. I guess I really started appreciating social networking after I got my radio show up and running. Through some of the features on Blog Talk Radio, I how have supporters of the show who call themselves "friends" and even make my show a "favorite" (Thanks so much).

After that, I started doing a little bit more with my Twitter account. And then, someone invited me onto Pownce. Although, I admit that I'm not as much a Powncer as much as I am a Twitter. You can definitely waste a lot of time on these sites.

Which leads me into Facebook. For months and months, I've been hearing the hype from the media. And, I've had people send me invitations for be Facebook friends, but I initally ignored them. Not anymore. Last week, I opened a Facebook account.

I was kind of inspired by my podcasting Facebook friend who is the Dashing MD. Or, his Facebook profile lists him as "Dashing Docteur." So, naturally, I had to seek out the Facebook name "Docteur Incognito." That has kind of ring to it, doesn't it?

So, if you're so inclined, please make me your Facebook friend. How often will I be over there? Who knows? But, it looks kind of fun. Just another Web 2.0 social networking site to pass the time on. Do you have Facebook? Why or why not....

4 comments:

EE said...

I have a facebook. I got it to keep in touch with my friends from back home. It's a major aspect of college life now.

You've been blogrolled.

Rach said...

Dearest Doctor A...

YES, I'D love to add you to my Facebook... But then I wouldn't be anon.... hmmm. dilemma, isn't it.

Jessica said...

I love facebook!! It really helps me keep my group projects together because it is easier than sending an email. One thing that I always hear in class at the beginning of a group project is "I'll facebook you." Plus it's fun! Some of the new applications they have, have made it a bit too my spacey for me but you can decide if you want to add them or not.

I'd add you but then I'm not so anonymous anymore... but if you can find me and add me I won't turn you down! lol :)

Travis Cody said...

I suspect that my Lady would start to call me an addict if I spent any more time online. For now, I'll stick with blogging, BTR, and yahoo IM.