Wednesday, December 26, 2007

New Year's Resolutions




So, it's the day after Christmas. And, what are the only commercials that I see on television this morning? It's all those, "Did you eat too many Christmas cookies? Why not make that new year's resolution now to lose the weight that you have always wanted to?" Sheesh! Gimme a break, would ya?

Above, you see how this 14-year old is thinking about for 2008 and what he's thankful for. Watching something like this is so refreshing, because too much of what you see is either so politically correct that it makes me nauseated, or so vulgar that it makes me sick....

For me, I'm always striving toward improving my physical and mental health. But, like everybody else, it's tough to follow that diet and exercise program, as well as dealing with stress. I always hope that next year will be better than this year.

How about you? Do you make New Year's Resolutions? What will be your resolutions for 2008? What are you thankful for? Don't worry, I won't tell anybody. I'll just keep it between us..... hehe

4 comments:

Donna. W said...

We always have to lose some weight in the new year, and usually we do it. Especially since my husband's CABG surgery. I really feel badly, though, that he's gained 15 pounds since November 1. (I've gained 11 pounds, but I don't have heart issues... just bad knees.)

It WILL come off. It's in my hands to cook the right things and watch our portions.

My Own Woman said...

I make the same resolution every year. My resolution? --- Not to make any resolutions so I don't disappoint myself.

I have many things to be thankful for but there is one in particular I'd like to share. I'm thankful that my father, who at 76, still is able to whine, complain and do for himself. If he's complaining....he's still living! In the ER, I get a distorted view of the elderly, my father helps bring me back to reality.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

First off...you still have the party for New Years and then the Super Bowl, so how the hell can you lose weight now????

Second, if you wait until New Years Day to make your resolutions, you will never stick to them...if there are things you want to do THEN DO THEM DAMN IT

Third..Be thankful every day - not just one darn day out of the year

BUT if I have to be thankful for something then it is that it is only about 33 days until LOST comes back on the air!

WOOOOOO

OK, that was over the top
\
Enjoy Doctor....

Kb said...

I have goals not resolutions. I am wired to tackle goals not resolve myself to change:
1 - Lose weight and go to the gym 4 times a week. (I got a jump start and have lost 14 lbs already)
2 - Make more time for "me"
3 - surgically seal my 13 yr olds mouth
4 - drink more water and wine
5 - More love
6 - finish my will, trusts, invest more
7 - Pay off 99% of my debt
I will do all of these it just may be October before some are accomplished. #3 may happen any moment.
I am most thankful for hubby's new heart, family and friends that surround me, and funny people who keep me laughing. Happy 2008!