Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year 2008: Part Deux





For those of you who have known me for a while (like a year), you know that I attempted video blogging about a year ago and did not have the best experience. Now, with a new year comes new opportunities. Or, maybe I'm just stubborn. Either way, I've decided to try this video blogging thing out again.

Yes, I know, this makes me a lot less anonymous. Oh well. People who listen to my radio show live already know that I have a live video stream (sometimes).  I guess I could consider changing my blogger name, and my blog name, and my radio show name. What would I change it too anyway? There's a thought. But, when it comes down to it, I think people would keep calling me "The Blogger Formerly Known as Doctor Anonymous" - remember Prince (or that unpronounceable symbol?)

I've been watching this great site called Viddler. One of the cool things about it is the ability to give "timeline" comments during the course of the video. (To make comments on the Viddler site, you have to register. It's pretty easy to register. Thanks to Dr. Val for already leaving a Viddler comment!). Anyway, when I'm saying something, you can just place your comment anywhere in the midst of the clip - kind of like real-time commenting.

So, let me know what you think. I kind of like the B&W look to the video. Although, I think I have to work on the sound a bit. The sound is a tad bit on the low side for my taste. And the lighting - I should stop nitpicking. Anyway, give me some feedback here or on my Viddler site. Happy New Year 2008!

8 comments:

My Own Woman said...

Ok... I like this Viddler thing. I signed up and am ready to watch you again but I have one problem......do you have a schedule of events or is it a hit and miss thing?

Anonymous said...

I'll try this Viddler thing. Is this something like Blogtalkradio, only video?

Anonymous said...

So cool to finally see the famous Dr A! :)

Happy New Year to you.

Chrysalis said...

Good luck with this new endeavor. There are so many new venues out there, I can't keep up. wishing you all the best with it.

Dr. A said...

Hi MOW - There really isn't a schedule. It's kind of whenever I feel like it. What will probably happen is that I will post it here as well on Viddler.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! from the Shrink Rappers. Glad to see you trying the vlog thing again... this viddler thing sound cool. I'll have to try it.

Hey, we put up our Top 25 Posts of 2007 list up.

Keep up the great innovative work, Dr A.
-Roy

Dr. Deb said...

Loved your video, Dr. A!!!

Yeah, what DOES that song really mean?

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR...Thanks for the video