Thursday, September 20, 2007

MyBlogLog now on Yahoo


I don't know who turned me onto MyBlogLog, but I think this is a great service. I like how you can put this widget onto your sidebar to see who has stopped by your blog (presuming they have a MBL account as well). I even tried a pro account for a while, because I liked looking at the stats (imagine that).

But, tonight, I'm trying to log into the site, and it asks me for my Yahoo ID. Huh? What's up with that? Apparently, MBL is now a Yahoo company and they are integrating things. Now, there is one problem (at least for me). I don't want to create another account ID for myself on Yahoo. Why they can't they just leave things the way that they are. Sheesh!

If you're on MyBlogLog, what do you think of this new thing with Yahoo? If you don't currently have an Yahoo ID, will you create one just to continue on MBL? Just curious.

Sorry for the whining. I think I'm done now. By the way, the latest edition of the Dr. A show is now archived and ready for you to listen to. You can either listen in my sidebar at this very blog or listen to it at my BTL site. I already got a four star rating! Thanks coaster1robert! Enjoy the show!

12 comments:

Awesome Mom said...

I already have a Yahoo id, so it is not that big of a deal for me.

Awesome Mom said...

Oh and sorry I missed the show live, Evan refused his nap today so I had a three year old to entertain all afternoon.

Chrysalis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chrysalis said...

Yes, it seems they are forcing you to use a Yahoo account. I think you should know there has been a class action lawsuit against them. It is alleged they have been taking information from the profiles, and using the information for other purposes.

It seems to have mainly involved those who use the Yahoo personals; however, it also must entail those that signed up for 360 degree accounts so they would be able to leave comments to those who use this medium to blog. That is how I found out about this. I signed up on their 360 site to leave comments only.

I was contacted by a settlement group regarding all this. As they investigated, they found my information was allegedly involved. Just thought you might find it interesting to know.

Mimi Lenox said...

I was bothered by this as well. When I realized I would have to connect the Yahoo ID, I stopped the merge and didn't complete it. I suppose it will end up like everything else.

I have never liked the 360 degree account that is automatically created for you (along with identifying information) tied to your Yahoo mail account, and had many problems with it. No longer use it. Now I'm being forced to merge? I liked keeping BlogLog separate from my personal email. I don't trust this at all.

We shall see.

coaster1robert said...

Well,I have yahoo id,never had any problem with yahoo,been with yahoo since 1999,I have two wallpaper yahoo groups,one of them is in beta.their a rumor in the beta groups that 360 might merge with the new beta groups? Robert

DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

So far, I've dodged the issue with Yahoo... but I ain't lookin' forward to it.

I just hope the "new and improved" bloglog servers are a touch more stable... I found that about twice a week, it was slower than molasses in January!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

well i already have a yahoo accoutn, i had to get one for im awhild back. but all this is news to me, didn't know it happened!

smiles, bee

Mauigirl said...

I'm already on Yahoo so I guess it won't affect me much. I opened a Yahoo account for my "anonymous" e-mail address so I could put it on my blog and other public venues. I had to sign up to Google in order to open my blog so I guess it's a similar issue.

Dr. Deb said...

Hmmmm...I'll have to check it out. Thanks. Dr. A.

Anonymous said...

I had MBL on my blog, but took it off a week or so ago because it was making my page load odd...for me anyway. I took it off and my page loaded fine. I've never put it back, and now I don't know if I will or not.

j said...

I don't have a MBL, but I do hear ya on the whole integrating everything business. It seems like everyone's doing it now! Blogger integrated with gmail a while back, so that was frustrating. Luckily I've switched over to WordPress and it is still safe to use!! :D