Friday, August 31, 2007

Happy holiday weekend


For those of us in the United States, it is Labor Day weekend. The day we celebrate work - with a day off. However, call me a traditionalist, because I will be working this weekend. Yes, I'm on call until dawn on Tuesday morning...

So, as you're out and about at your picnics (image credit) and sporting events, just think of me, keeping America healthy and treating illness the best that I can. Yeesh! How cheezy is that? I'm probably jinxing myself, but usually these long weekends are really not that bad from a working standpoint. We'll see...

By the way, thanks again for everyone's support on the live podcast yesterday. I've been told that the sound level could have been a little bit better, and I'll be working on that. Otherwise, I think this is an innovative idea that I'll be exploring further. Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for holding down the fort...

Chrysalis said...

Have a great weekend anyway Dr.A..
When I listened in, the sound quality was perfect. I could hear you clear as a bell on my end. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Have a great "long weekend" yourself! :)

The show was pretty good. It was nice to hear your voice. I had a bit of a problem hearing you at the first when you were talking over music, but after that it was perfectly fine!

Rach said...

was meaning to tell you that I loved the show yesterday. 'twas wonderful to "hear" your voice.
Looking forward to the next one...

Thank god for people like you who work the long weekends when everyone else is away. i always seem to run into problems with meds/moods/etc when my docs tend to fall away for long weekends... so thanks for being there for the little people!

New stuff up on my blog. check 'er out.

~Rach

Visionary & Medium Extraordinaire said...

When I listened the sound quality was perfect. It may most likely be an issue with other peoples computers.

I'm sorry you're having to spend your 'holiday' weekend working.
I work for a doctor alongside my own work and he's on call the whole weekend.
He asked me if I could come in to work and the dufus I am said Yes.
But I'm headed to the beach on Monday though before fall hits and we get to enjoy the astonishing colours of New England fall.

Have a good weekend Dr.A and best of luck with your future radioblog

Alijor said...

Dear Dr. A,

It's not cheesy- it's kind, and thank you! I like your blog, I'll have to be checking it up more often : )

Cheers,
Alijor