Thursday, May 10, 2007

Peace Blogger of the Day


I was pleasantly surprised to be named peace blogger of the day by Mimi Lenox. She not only is the "Queen of Memes," but also the "Founder of the Peace Globe Movement." Thanks Mimi for this honor. I really appreciate it!

Last fall, the blogosphere was a buzz on Peace Globe Day 2006 which took place on November 6. I don't think anyone really knew the impact this movement would have until, on that day, you just kept clicking and clicking, and saw globe after globe after globe. I was quite moved by that day. Here's what I wrote...
Peace on Earth is more than just a day someone picked out and a graphic that you put on your blog. Yes, it's idealistic, but it's an idea of hope - In a world that needs all the hope that it can grasp.

Thanks Mimi for your leadership in all of this - for having an idea and passionately making sure that it is followed through. I'm looking forward not only to seeing this graphic scattered all over the blogosphere, but also, hopefully, someday, seeing your dream come true of Dona Nobis Pacem -- Peace on Earth.
Now, the Mimi and the Peace Globes are making a comeback. The date this time is June 6, 2007 - less than a month away now. Mimi has been doing her best to try to promote her BlogBlast For Peace to anyone who will listen. I admit that I haven't been helping out that much - until now.

So, it's less than a month from now. I'm encouraging all the Doctor Anonymous readers out there to pick up a Peace Globe (see my sidebar or the link above) and place it on your blog. I also admit that I'm not one to decorate the PG graphic. I'm more into the classic yet elegant look of simplicity.

Don't forget to make a full-fledged post on Peace Globe Day on June 6th. Don't think about it - Get a globe today! Be part of blogosphere history next month. Good Luck Mimi! I know we'll come through for you again.... Peace!

2 comments:

Mimi Lenox said...

Congrats again, Dr. A.
I am so looking forward to this year's event and onward.
November 6th was an amazing day.

Power to the Peace Globes!
Thank you very much for promoting.
See you there!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

june 6th is just around the corner. ours are ready to roll!!!

smiles, bee (and sarge)