Tuesday, May 15, 2007

iPodphobia


This post is in honor of my good friend HP from Australia. I encourage you to read iPodphobia before reading this post. A few months ago (I cannot remember) -- either I posted my current iPod list or mentioned that I would. Here's what HP posted today:
I remember Dr. Anonymous used to post his current iPod playlist but suddenly ceased to do so. Did he fall victim to iPodophobia? *wink* Should we initiate treatment? Download him anything Icelandic to increase his cool factor?
The back and forth banter over the past few months has been amusing - to say the least. So, at the risk of analysis of my psyche by my good friends out othere in blogland, here is the most current list that I put together for May 1st, 2007 on my iPod -- Enjoy! (BTW, this would probably be a good meme idea. But, since I'm on a meme break, I'll pass on tagging anyone.)

Some quick remarks about the list below: I always try to mix what's currently on the iTunes Top 100 list with some of my favorites. Actually, I made this list for the meeting I was a part of earlier this month. I'm into some positive visualization and putting myself in a positive frame of mind -- or even psyching myself up before getting into the spotlight. That's reflected in the middle section of this list. This is also good driving music. Of course, as always, please obey all posted speed limits. HA!

Makes Me Wonder by Maroon 5
Never Again by Kelly Clarkson
Single Fire by Snow Patrol
Hells Bells by ACDC
Right Now by Van Halen
Better Man by Pearl Jam
In The Air Tonight by Phil Collins
Vertigo by U2
Desire by U2
Pressure by Billy Joel
Don't Mean A Thing by Borialis
Clocks by Coldplay
Harder to Breathe by Maroon 5
Round Here by Counting Crows
A Long December by Counting Crows
Home by Michael Buble
Cupid's Chokehold by Gym Class Heroes
Don't Matter by Akon
What I've Done by Linkin Park
Better Than Me by Hinder
Give It To Me by Timbaland
Over It by Katherine McPhee

8 comments:

Awesome Mom said...

You have a very fine list there. It is a great mix of songs.

XE said...

I've tagged you for a meme :)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

ah! so THAT'S why you never visit me anymore...

smiles, bee

Nikki Neurotic said...

Not a bad list. I was thinking of putting a "random" lyrics thing on my blog from music I have on my MP3 player. I have no shame.

I recently read a book called "The Perfect Thing" by Steven Levy about the "Ipod generation". It touched a little on the playlist thing...there's actually been studies conducted...believe it or not!

SuperStenoGirl said...

Oh, my , god! I have most of the songs you've listed on my own iPod.

I never thought I'd see my music list on someone elses' blog. I always thought I had horrible taste in music since I like a HUGE variety of it.

But wow. I feel so much better now that I know there's someone else out there with the same taste in music as I do.

I got a few additions to the list though but I'll probably put that as a new blog post since I dont have my list with me. Stupid work computers. I had a hell of time skirting around the security and authorization settings just to install Firefox!!

HP said...

Great mix, Dr. A. but did we really ever doubt you had such good taste? Love Coldplay, U2..some I have never heard of but now I'll just have to seek them out...Thanks for taking the ribbing in good spirit.

HP

MM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MM said...

Ipodphobia.. too funny!
I guess I used to get a little anxious when someone had my ipod and the cheesy stuff came on. "You actually have this song on your ipod?"
"Uhh.. (turning red...).

Now however, my response is that I have over 5000 songs on my ipod... yes some of them may be cheesy but I love them and besides- it is MY ipod. I no longer take offense if people don't like what I like.. I am sure they have some tastes that I wouldn't appreciate either.

I am speaking out against ipodphobia... I put my current playlist up over at my blog.