Monday, November 06, 2006

Peace on Earth


Since it is November 7th in most parts of the world, I thought I would make my post a little early (at least in my time zone). Peace on Earth is more than just a day someone picked out and a graphic that you put on your blog. Yes, it's idealistic, but it's an idea of hope - In a world that needs all the hope that it can grasp. Thanks Mimi for your leadership in all of this - for having an idea and passionately making sure that it is followed through. I'm looking forward not only to seeing this graphic scattered all over the blogosphere, but also, hopefully, someday, seeing your dream come true of Dona Nobis Pacem -- Peace on Earth.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very cool.

Mother of Invention said...

Nice idea to be sure! I tried but I couldn't even get it saved so I could retrieve it, let alone paint my name on it. It's unfortunate that the technology sometimes fails people like me!
I'm not in its loop but am there big time in spirit. I'll be singing the song tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

It's the first globe I've seen. I'll be posting mine after work tomorrow. Peace be with ya Doc!

Annelisa said...

Hear hear! Just what I'd like to say (and very eloquently written! :-)

The Globe - pure in it's original form - and the idea it stands for...

Nice post!

Anonymous said...

Peace to you and your loved ones! c",)

Anonymous said...

Just stopped by to view your peace globe. Isn't it a shame that when ever we talk of peace we always have the word hope connected to it..Peace should never be a hope..it should be a realitiy that we live in..I truly hope someday it is..thank you for your lovely post..m

Mimi Lenox said...

Dr. A....At least in the Blogosphere today there is peace. Beautiful globes and inspiring sentiments. Thank you for spreading the word. Globes globes everywhere! Even pets are making globes. Children. Memorials. It's amazing!! I am so blessed to have thoughtful, caring comrades in peace. Dona Nobis Pacem. Mimi Lenox

Anonymous said...

good job!

Jules said...

Making the rounds to check out the peace globes...peace to you and your family, Dr. A!