Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Time To Be Proactive


Wednesday, May 16, 2007 is a day that will be remembered in the history of the medical blogosphere. The demise of the Dr. Flea blog and the closing of the Fat Doctor blog is still rippling through blog land. Reactions that I've seen include the following: Moof, Kevin, Scalpel, Scanman, SuperStenoGirl, TBTAM, Rita. (sorry, i probably forgot a lot of other people out there)

This whole day I've had this negativity going through me - feeling sad, feeling scared (who will be next, me?), feeling defeated. Well, I'm here to tell the world that I'm not going to take it anymore. (image credit)

It's been more than a year since blogging found me and almost a year since I've had my own blog. Sure, I had my tough time a few months ago. Sure, I almost stopped blogging as well.

But what happened then? It's the same thing that's happening now. We're coming together to support our fallen bloggers. I still think that the medical blogging community is a strong one. We've seen a lot and we've been through a lot.

There are some out there who say that it's only a matter of time until the entire medical blogosphere fades away. "The lawyers are picking you off, one by one," someone sent me in an e-mail today. In my heart, I think that our community too strong to allow that to happen.

To try to get out of this negativity and to try to be proactive, I have an idea. I don't know if it's going to work, but I'm going to try it anyway. I want to try to reach out to those fallen bloggers out there who still have the urge to blog.

Curious and intrigued by this concept? I invite you to my new blog where people will gather for the love of blogging. Don't worry, I'll still have this blog (for the time being - HA!) The name of the new blog? It's simple -- I'm A Blogaholic. Check it out and join in the fun. You'll be glad that you did.....