Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Sid Schwab Interview


This week The Doctor Anonymous Show welcomes one of the most widely read medical bloggers around: Sidney M Schwab, MD. He is author of the blog Surgeonsblog: Wherein a surgeon tells some stories, shares some thoughts, and occasionally shoots off his mouth. Like a surgeon.

Now, not only does Sid have a blog, he also has a podcast in which he reads parts of his book. I encourage you to check it out. Also, if you're never read anything by this guy before, check out the disclaimer on his blog below, and that's a great start:
What I say here is as true as I can make it, based on my experience as a surgeon. Still, in no way is it intended as specific medical advice for any condition. For that, you need to consult your own doctors, who actually know you. I hope you'll find things of interest and amusement here; maybe useful information. But please, please, PLEASE understand: this blog ought not be used in any way to provide the reader with ideas about diagnosis or treatment of any symptoms or disease. Also, as you'd expect, when I describe patients, I've changed many personal details: age, sex, occupation -- enough to make them into no one you might actually know.
Join us on Thursday, February 7th, 2008 at 9pm Eastern Time where we will be talking about his blog, his book, and a lot more. You can also join us in the live chat room or even call into the show to ask Dr. Schwab a question. Now, it's been a couple of weeks since I've had my show. Hopefully, I remember how to do the show. We'll see what happens this time. Tune in tomorrow for details!

1 comment:

Sid Schwab said...

Wow, what a nice promo! It makes me want to get to know me better.