Friday, December 15, 2006

Let The Games Begin

Thanks so much to those of you who nominated me for Medgadget Medical Weblog Awards. I really appreciate it! Who knew I would go from no blog at all to being considered one of the best blogs of 2006.

Now, if you don't tell anyone, I'm going to give you some insight here that you won't get on other blogs. I'm very flattered to be nominated for best overall medical blog of the year. But, at this point in my blog life, I think I'm minor league compared to some in that category.

So, even though as of this second, there are twelve other blogs in the Best New Medical Weblog category, I think I will concentrate my efforts there.

How am I going to do that? Well, here's the way I see it. It is three weeks until the polls open over there on Medgadget. I have three short weeks to earn your vote for Best New Medical Weblog of 2006.

Don't think your vote counts? Think again. In reviewing the rules over there, there will be a new voting system. Yes, there are nine judges (*waving at judges*) and they will have their say. But, your vote counts just as much! So, I have some work to do in the next three weeks to convince you and to convince them that I'm worthy of your vote.

What I'm going to say next is definitely politically incorrect. But, ever since my first day of blogging, I made a committment to myself that since I was going to blog anonymously, I must be open and honest with my readers. Today is no exception.

The politically correct thing is to say "Gee Whiz, it's just an honor to be nominated." No other blog out there is going to say this but me ==> I'm definitely out to win this award. Don't take that the wrong way. I'm not saying that out of a sense of entitlement, just because I've been blogging for almost six months.

Over the next three weeks, I'm going to work as hard as I can and blog my heart out to earn your vote beginning on January 3, 2007. For my blog friends out there (and you know who you are), if you have any advice along the way, please let me know.

I know I sound like one of those nasty politicians running a campaign. I'm just a blogaholic trying to reach for a goal that I never thought was possible six months ago. With hard work and your help, we can try to get there together. Let the countdown begin! Twenty days to go until the Medgadget polls open!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck to you!!

Anonymous said...

You had me from the get go! ya ever wonder who MCA is?

Anonymous said...

Well done Doc clap clap clap!!!

Anonymous said...

So let the competition begin... :) I wrote about you in one of my last posts. You choose an easy task, you've been blogging for 6 months, me, I just passed my first. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hey Guy, you managed to convince ME to start blogging... on some weird, pseudo-dare, kinda-lark, sorta-thing. Remember that? A scant four weeks ago might I add?

And people are actually reading it!

Hey, I just celebrated my first month anniversary...neato.

But back to you: Go Go Go!

*smiles*

BTW, this is patientanonymous here...just like everyone else in blogland having troubles with blogger in trying to leave comments

http://patientanonymous.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Shameless.....I like that.