Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dr. A Show 98: Medblogger Meetup


BlogTalkRadio Listen Live

Thursday, May 21th, 2009 at 10pm Eastern Time (Note New Time)

The main topic this week will be the HUGE Medblogger Meetup which will be taking place on October 15, 2009 in Las Vegas right before Blog World and New Media Expo. There is a specific programming track for medbloggers and you may have seen the list of the panels on Dr. Rob's blog (BTW, today is Dr. Rob's Three year blogging anniversary - Congrats Dr. Rob!). There's also great information over on Emergiblog about this meeting.

I'll also be talking about my recent appearance on local TV news talking about asthma. I'll take you behind the scenes of what I was thinking before, during, and after the segment. I also received some interesting feedback that night and the following day - so you can't miss that discussion.

Finally, there was a brand new chat room unveiled on BlogTalkRadio just on Tuesday night. This new chat room has been causing fits on shows all across the network this week - with some shows going without a chat room for the entire show. So, if for anything else, check out how I deal with more technical difficulties during my show. (Also check out the video post above)

If you are new to the show, I encourage you to catch us live. There is a great chat room that also goes on. You can even see my shining face on the webcam. In addition, you can call into the show to say hello. Can't catch us live? That's ok. You can listen anytime after the show as it is saved as a podcast so you can listen later.

For first time Blog Talk Radio listeners:
*Although it is not required to listen to the show, I encourage you to register on the BlogTalkRadio site prior to the show. I think it will make the process easier.

*To get to my show site, click here. As show time gets closer, keep hitting "refresh" on your browser until you see the "Play/Chat" button. Then, of course, press the "Play/Chat" button.

Update (4:30pmET): I have another evening meeting this week (yeesh), and I think that I won't be home until a little later than I thought. So, I'm going to push the time of the show back an hour to 10pm Eastern Time. I remember when I first started this show, my first prime time slot was 10pm - Ah, memories. Anyway, just wanted to give everybody a heads-up. Plus, with my lack of energy level tonight, I'm only aiming at a 30 minute show tonight. Hope to see you later!

1 comment:

rlbates said...

Sorry I won't be able to be there tonight. I'll catch the archives. Have a great show!