Thursday, May 14, 2009

Dr. A Show 96: Season Finale


BlogTalkRadio Listen Live

Thursday, May 14th, 2009 at 9pm Eastern Time

No, Show 96 is not actually the season finale. It's just that, at least in the eastern and central time zones, the season finale for some of your favorite TV shows will be going on at the same time of this live show. But, my show will go on -mainly because I don't watch too much TV anymore and probably because I cannot help but like hearing myself talk - hehe.

I will be covering some news stories this week including all this talk about US Health Care reform by the White House and Congress this week. (I guess with the Swine Flu story fading out in the press, this was a good time to talk about health care reform again lol) You'll see a video above that was released by the Associated Press early this week.

In the social media world this week, the most popular story has to do with Twitter (imagine that). There was a decision made this week about Twitter users not seeing certain comments made about them and possibly to them. This caused a huge twitter user tantrum. And as Facebook before them, the company responded by somewhat reversing their decision. We'll discuss further on the show. What other stories am I following, check out my delicious bookmarks to see what else I might talk about on the show.

If you are new to the show, I encourage you to catch us live. There is a great chat room that also goes on. You can even see my shining face on the webcam. In addition, you can call into the show to say hello. Can't catch us live? That's ok. You can listen anytime after the show as it is saved as a podcast so you can listen later.

For first time Blog Talk Radio listeners:
*Although it is not required to listen to the show, I encourage you to register on the BlogTalkRadio site prior to the show. I think it will make the process easier.

*To get to my show site, click here. As show time gets closer, keep hitting "refresh" on your browser until you see the "Play/Chat" button. Then, of course, press the "Play/Chat" button.

*You can also participate in the live chat room before, during, and after the show. Look for the green "Chat Now" button. If you are registered with the BTR site, your registered name and picture will appear in the chat room.

*You can also call into the show. The number is on my show site. If you have a headset microphone, you can "call" into the show by looking for the "Click To Talk" button at the top of the chat box to try out the BTR VoIP option. Hope these tips are helpful!

No comments: