Saturday, August 30, 2008

Six Until Me on Video


On this holiday weekend, I've been catching up on my blog posts. I was happy to learn that another medblogger out there is trying video posting. Above, you'll find Kerri Morrone Sparling from the blog Six Until Me. In her post above, she talks about what it's like to have a low blood sugar. You can check out her other video posts here.

What I enjoy about video is that it brings an entirely new dimension to the blogger who you only knew in the past with the written word. Plus, usually with video, it's usually a "one take" situation where you see less editing verses a blog post - which I think is a good thing because you see a little more into the personality of the person as opposed to an edited blog post. (That was a really long rambling on sentence, wasn't it).

Great job Kerri! I'm looking forward to more video posts (Aren't they fun? And, BTW, thanks again for listening live to my one year anniversary show this week!). And, I want to encourage all of my friends out there in new media medicine to check out and try out video posting in addition to your text blogging. Of course, I prefer Viddler as the video posting platform I use, but there are other choices out there as well to try out. Happy Vlogging!

1 comment:

Kerri. said...

Hey Dr. A - thanks for the shout out! Vlogging IS fun, but it takes up a lot of time, too. I am so impressed by all the stuff you find time to accomplish!!!