Friday, August 22, 2008

Show 45 Wrap-up




Thanks so much to Ramona for being on the Show 45 tonight! (Don't forget to rate the show on the BlogTalkRadio site) I really appreciate it! I encourage everyone to check out her blog Suture For A Living. You could tell from her voice in the beginning that she was very nervous. But, as the interview progressed, she really hit her stride talking about how she chose medicine as a career, and surgery and a specialty, and plastic surgery as a sub-specialty. (See video post above)

Her blog not only talks about surgery and medicine, it talks about her favorite hobby which is quilting. I admit that I know nothing about quilting, but I know that Ramona would be happy to teach me and anyone else who is interested - she's great like that! She had a great post on Thursday talking about Women in Surgery. I encourage you to check that out as well.

Thanks also to those who called in to say hello including Dr Val, Rural Doctoring, Enrico, and Mary. The last 20 minutes of the show was really cool in that we had six people on the call at the same time - two of which were outside the United States. Thanks to Vijay for calling in live from India and thanks to Bongi for calling in at 4am his time in South Africa. This is truly an international show and tonight we proved that!

After tonight's show, I did a short post show session on my Ustream channel. We had a great time over there as well. I even recorded part of that session. You can check it out here. You can also check out the video below.

Finally, I just checked out the numbers and tonight we had the highest number of live listeners in a while for the blogtalkradio show. And, even a good number of people for the post show. And, that's thanks to all of you. Next week, that's right, it's the one year anniversary of The Doctor Anonymous Show. Who knows what will happen and who will call in? Sheesh!

Live video chat by Ustream

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice videos

Mary said...

Lol, that last show was a blast! Ramona did an amazing job, and she really did great getting over her nervousness. It's sooo awesome that there were so many people there! A full house! And so many people called in at the same time! So fun! Totally can't wait for the next one!

rlbates said...

Thanks, Dr A!

Anonymous said...

Terrific show. I featured it on my blog. :)