Friday, January 25, 2008

Dr. A Show 22: Wrap-up





Thanks so much to Dr. Wes for coming on the show. I just love doing these interviews with medbloggers, because I learn so much about the medblogger, and a little about the specialty. I learned so much about electrophysiology - great stuff. (Video Post Above)

We talked about his specialty. I love when people talk about why they love what they do. And, Dr. Wes so eloquently does this. He also explained the difference between a pacemaker and a defibrillator. It's fascinating that these devices are so small - and essentially these are small computers. Did you know that there was a recall of some of these devices? Yes, there was, and Dr. Wes describes why this happened and how this impacted his patients.

We also talked about medtees.com which is a site where he has "T-shirts that empower patients with illness." Definitely check this site out. A portion of the proceeds do go to charity. Dr. Wes said that last year, about $1100 went to charitable organizations. What a great way to give back, and to help patients cope. Finally, we talked about the future of his specialty.

I also wanted to congratulate all of the finalists the winners of the 2007 Medgadget Medblog Awards. There was a little controversy because there was no winner announced in the "Best Medical Technologies & Informatics Blog" category. We'll have to see what happens with that.

Next week, January 31st, I'm probably going to be pre-taping a show. Right in that time slot next week, I'll be on plane returning from out of town. Where am I going? That will be part of the show. A kind of a "Dr A on the road," or, "Where in the world is Dr. A?"

On February 7th (2 weeks from now), Sid Schwab from Surgeonsblog will be visiting the show. He is one of the most recognized and most widely read surgeon medical bloggers around.

On Valentines Day, February 14th (3 weeks from now), this will be "Dr A and The Ladies." New award winners Dr. Val (Best New MedBlog) and Jenni from Chronic Babe.com (Best patient blog) will be on the show. In addition, Crzegrl and EmergencyEmm will be joining me. What will we be talking about? Who knows? You will definitely have to tune in for that.

Have a great weekend, everybody. I'll talk to you next from the road. You can keep track of what I'm going by watching my Twitter account. Also, I may even live stream using my Ustream account. If I do live stream, I'll Twitter about it first, so that you know when I'll be turning on the webcam. See ya!

6 comments:

EE said...

Yay!

SeaSpray said...

I LOVED THE SHOW! :)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the next installment and am especially excited for Feb 14!

Anonymous said...

"Dr. A and the Ladies?" What happened to "Estrofest?"

Looking forward to the coming shows!

Dr. A said...

Val - You caught me doing blog maintenance this morning! I'm trying out names for the 2/14 show. How about the name now in the sidebar?

Vijay said...

Great show. I missed it live. Listened to the archive. Learnt a lot about cardiac electrophysiology. I think this was the most informative/educative show till date.