Thursday, March 29, 2007

Hummer infatuation


There's nothing in the health headlines that interests me right now. So, I'll talk about this. For the past two weeks, I've kind of been "car sitting." But, of course, what you see above is not a car.

Although I don't know why, I've always been fascinated by the hummer as a production/consumer vehicle. It's completely impractical. I mean, it's huge! It only gets about 14 miles to the gallon. Yet, I've always wanted to drive one.

And, I have for the past two weeks while my friend (my new best friend, HA!) has been out of town on business. She gets back this weekend, when she'll find out that I've only put about a gazillion miles on the thing over the past two weeks.

I'm no car expert, but, to me, it's a nice ride. The color is red, like the picture above, and has black leather seats inside. I've also never experienced satellite radio before. I had no idea that satellite radio has a gazillion stations - but great sound. I could get used to that.

But, after two weeks, I think my infatuation with this vehicle is slowly dwindling. I was very interested at first, but now, I'm looking forward to getting back to my car this weekend. I wonder what this thing can do off-roading? I guess I have a couple of days to find out. HA!

6 comments:

Dr. Brainiac said...

Ugh - satellite radio. I had it in my SUV but canceled the subscription. It's like satellite television - 50 jillion channels of nothing good on.

Malnurtured Snay said...

GET A WRANGLER!

(and let me drive it!)

Justin said...

I know how you feel. I went through a vehicle binge last month, looking at my tiny Celica and wanting something bigger.

I started with test-driving a Ford F-150, moved on to a Jeep Liberty, and then ended up in a Hummer H2.

I quickly learned that I love my Celica.

Kirsten said...

There used to be a test track here in Vegas that featured all sorts of GM vehicles. I drove the H2 on an extreme off-road course, and it handled it well. I, on the other hand, did not. I'm more of a fast sportscar kind of person instead of an off-road person.

Visionary & Medium Extraordinaire said...

Of new/modern cars, I like the cruiser the most. I'm into old cars and I own a Mercedes. It's an '83, the best of the old ones as then the germans started messing with it. I got it because I want to change it into a veggie car. Your cruiser doesn't waste nearly as much gas as the Hummer. The Hummer is cool, but what about the planet :( !

My dream car is a Mercedes convertible anywere from '50s to 1975 - Diesel of course so I can drive on veggie oil

Anonymous said...

wow you have nice hummer.i like it.i would like to have hummer like you.i imagine what pleasure would have if i had Hummer.