Monday, January 15, 2007

Remembering MLK


I have a dream that my four little children will one day
live in a nation where they will not be judged
by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr - August 28, 1963

Addendum: I had some e-mail questions concerning my post today. For those around the world who may not know, today is a national holiday in the US in observance of the birthday of Dr. King. He would have turned 78 years old this year. You can read more in this article from CNN.Com.

6 comments:

OHN said...

I would like to think that in some small way I am helping along MLK's dream. It makes me cringe when people feel the need to point out a persons race, religion etc to draw a line in the sand.My small part is to raise children that don't see color.

Anonymous said...

Hats off to you, Doc A. Every day there are people fighting all over the world for MLK's dream, and I thank you for making this small gesture in their aid.

Ohn, it's people like you who help make this a better world. Thank you.

In my home country our application forms still have 'Race' on them as a compulsory blank. I'm glad to say the number of people putting down 'Human' is increasing.

Anonymous said...

why there is a a lot of MLK post on blogs today? is today's his birthday or something?

Anonymous said...

What an amazing man. Why do all the great people get assassinated? What a horrible loss. His speech is so poigniant and timeless - it still rings true today.

Anonymous said...

Todays holiday should be called (Civil Rights Day)Period!

Unknown said...

But how was hime been killed?By the governer or person?