Friday, November 17, 2006

Intro to Grand Rounds

For those of you who are new to my blog and who are not regular readers (yet), you're probably wondering what this whole Grand Rounds thing I've been talking about this week. Hey, a special shout out to those referred from NaBloPoMo and Bestest Blog. Welcome!

Every Tuesday, Grand Rounds is an accumulation of the best posts from the medical blogosphere. Its original intent was to be written with the non-medical blogger in mind (this means you). I mean, who isn't interested in medical topics?

And, what kind of stuff would you find? Just about anything! It can be stories about patient interactions. It can be commentary on the latest medical news and research. It can be explanations of clinical disease processes. (I know I'm leaving out a lot more possible topics.)

Grand Rounds
has been around for about two years now, and has been growing by leaps and bounds. However, I've received some e-mails this week asking me if Grand Rounds was in trouble because of the discussions this week.

In my opinion, I think the discussions this week among the medical bloggers is merely just "growing pains." If I can use a medical analogy, as you're going along, sometmes you have to stop and re-evaluate the patient and modify your treatment plan. I think that's what happened this week. Undoubtedly in a few months, a similar Grand Rounds discussion will take place, and that's not a bad thing.

So, if you intend to submit for my Grand Rounds, what are you waiting for? Do it today! The deadline is Sunday at 11:59pm. Submission guidelines here.

For the rest of you out there in blogland, stay tuned here Tuesday. Because, you're going to see the BEST that the medical blogosphere has to offer - with me being your humble host.

You're not going to want to miss this! Either it's going to be the best Grand Rounds ever, or my last internet sighting for a long time - because I'll be hiding in a cave until the embarrassment is over. Either way, you'll have to see what happens...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sent 2 shrink rap posts but I'm not sure I followed the directions regarding labeling etc. Hope you got them. --dinah

Anonymous said...

interesting blog

The Curmudgeon said...

Don't hide, Doc, even if your GR turns out not to be the triumph we all expect.

And demand.

(*In silly sing-song voice:* Kidding! Just kidding.)

Anonymous said...

Hey Dr A thank you for sharing these posts with us... its always interesting to read medical stories!

593 said...

When will your interview with Nick be posted? I keep checking . . . *sheesh*

Lea said...

Best of luck Doc A! I have no doubt GR will be a success with you at the helm.

Anonymous said...

Dr. Anon ... I'm glad that I'm back on time to see this! :o)

I'm sure you'll do just fine. If you remember ... I was nudging you to tackle GR a long while back! I'm glad that Dr. Genes poked at you.

Would have voted, but I can't find the poll. I must have missed it ...

HP said...

Same here...missed the poll!

ipanema said...

lol Dr. A! Last sighting eh? That'll never happen.

As usual, I'll be reading. You know my comments already. Good luck! I think you don't need that. :)

But it's your first, so it must be grand! Don't mind me. :)

Anonymous said...

thank you for explaining! now im looking forward to checking in tuesday. itll be fun :)