Thursday, November 02, 2006

NaBloPoMo

Thanks to rdl for the heads up on this one. Did I miss a meeting somewhere? I guess it's National Blog Posting Month - Does Hallmark make a greeting card for this? I also read about this on the Frectis blog (thanks also for the info).

I don't even know if I can still "officially" get in this, but I liked the Yoda logo. So, the logo is in my sidebar, I sent an e-mail to fussy about my interest, and here we go! I've needed a little blog motivation, and maybe this is it. I know, hard to believe from the self-proclaimed blogaholic!

In other blogging news, I'd like to thank Technorati for finally updating my blog. I contacted them again and again, but got no response. According to my latest profile, I was just updated two hours ago - after not being updated for 93 days - how does that happen?

During my first week of blogging, I was ranked at 1,382,557. Now, I'm pleasantly surprised that I have a whopping 323 links. Before today's update, my links placed me around 120,000 on their blog rankings. Now, I'm in the top 30,000. Whoo-Hoo! High fives everywhere.

Riddle me this, Batman? How do I only have 27 links on the TLB site? Interesting.

Finally, I'd like to thank Kevin, MD for picking up my post yesterday and linking it to his site. I believe that he's got about 2500 visitors a day. What an audience! I'm jealous.

11 comments:

rdl said...

Glad you joined and thanks for the link. and congrats on the ranking thing. could you stop by and tell me how to get Yoda in the sidebar in my template?
Thanks

Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard about NaBloPoMo, only NaNoWriMo. Somehow a blog posting a day for a month sounds easier than a novel in a month!

Technoranti is weird sometimes. I've found that even if I ping them they don’t always update my blog info. But congrats on getting to the top 30,000. Very impressive! (And oh-so-important for a blogaholic such as yourself.) :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the party! I can't wait to see what you write but then you usually post pretty often so this should be a no brainer for you.

Steve & Barb said...

So, is this NaBloPoMo thing the blogaholics' equivalent of a Toga Party? Maybe a little naltrexone is in order. The alternative to spending hours posting blogs daily would be to

Steve & Barb said...

post

Steve & Barb said...

very

Steve & Barb said...

short

Steve & Barb said...

blogs.

Dr. A said...

Roy,

Dr. A said...

good

Dr. A said...

point.