Monday, June 11, 2007

The Sopranos finale

I have to tell you that I have never seen The Sopranos, but in reading the press this morning, everyone was surprised and/or upset by the ending of this series. Here is the Washington Post point of view this morning.

So, in case you missed it, here are the final five minutes of the episode. Watch it now before YouTube is forced to remove it from their database. Personally, I don't get the ending, but, I guess that's how the writer/creator wanted to leave it.

Update: After a couple of hours since the original post, the above video had already been "deleted by the user." I've also seen this message today: "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Home Box Office, Inc." I did manage to find found another YouTube link (for now). If you haven't seen it, click here before this is deleted.

3 comments:

Dr. Deb said...

Hey Dr. A.

I was a huge fan, enjoying the psychological layers of each character. David Chase is known for not liking closure, but boy did it show in the finale. The Sopranos was a show about good and evil and the trajectory of one's life that shapes who we are. Very psychological in my opinion. The ending was flat. No closure. If a happy ending was to be there, show it. If guns-a-blazing were gonna hit Big T show that. Don't cut to black.

My two cents.

Symbiosis said...

This is actually not abt the sopranos...I personally dont really care much for them...why anonymous Doc...is it the thrill, the mystery or just simply the convenience...anyways...I am brand new to the world of blogging...finishing my IM residency in exactly 16 days (the countdown started the first day of internship!)...and so wanted to make some friends and invite some visitors to my blog...check it out if you have the time...tc

Anonymous said...

Tony has a conversation early in the show (maybe even in the first season) about what it's like to get whacked. The guy he's talking with says, "If they do a good job, you don't know anything happened. Everything just goes black," or something to that effect. He flashes back to that earlier this season. I think that's closure.