Monday, August 07, 2006

Withdrawl

Sorry if it looked like I fell off the face of the earth last week. I left Wed morning after my posting was done and went a meeting. I fully intended to continue blogging -- because, as you know, I can't live without it. I brought a friend's laptop with me. I had a very difficult time trying to access the internet at the hotel. I called all kinds of IT people and even got the "hotel internet connection kit" (which was $10 a day to have in the room), but still couldn't get it to work.

So, I got through my blogaholic withdrawl symptoms ok with friends, frivolity, and, of course, adult beverages. I'll talk about it soon. I'm back to work today and on call today and tonight (Ugh!). Soon as I get some order to the chaos, I'll be back blogging. Right now, the mission is to find the top of my desk at work. I know it's down there beneath all those charts and paper...

Update: I just checked my e-mail. WOW! Now, I'm really feeling guilty and really, really embarrassed. Thanks for all the comments and the e-mail messages about your concern for me. I should have at least tried finding someone with an internet connection, if for anything else, to explain my situation. I mean, someone at a medical conference should have a connection, right? Thanks again. Sorry for all the trouble. I'm going to start sorting through my comments and e-mail (oh yeah, and fitting in some work today -- HA!)

13 comments:

Dreaming again said...

Dr. A didn't get eaten by a bear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH HOOWEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Phew--glad the bear didn't get you! Seriously, I'm glad you are okay. We were worried because it isn't like you to disappear like that. ;o) Good to have you back!

Mother Jones RN said...

You're alive! (Visualize a nurse doing the happy dance around the nurses station). Now we don't have to go looking for you in all those shady neighborhood bars.
You'll have to tell us about those adult drinks you were having when you have more time. I'm glad you made it back home.

Mother Jones RN

GaffLady said...

medical conference! ok..fess up, did you spend the weekend at fine restaurants, sipping on what kind of adult beverages..and how many new free pens do you have?

Anthony said...

Welcome back. I'm currently a blogaholic, and I made so many updates to my blog. I may end up neglecting it again :D

Fat Doctor said...

When I was on vacation, we went to three different area Starbucks in search of internet connectivity. They were all "down for repair." What EVER! Welcome back. Hope your call is uneventful.

Anonymous said...

*Stops holding her breath!*

Okay ... I'm relieved ... to see that you're ok!

You've been seriously missed!!!

And ... did I say that I was relieved to see you back?

Dreaming again said...

The bear is officially off duty

Anonymous said...

that's the price you pay for being anonymously popular :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your ok....

glad to see you back...

ok

life can continue on;)

Dream Mom said...

Well, it's good to have you back. As for the "adult" beverages....I want what he's having. LOL!

Dr. Deb said...

Isn't it funny how you discover that you MISS blogging?

It's me, T.J. said...

I thought that you had been cured and was on the "wagon" after the last BA meeting.

Now I see that you have "fallen off the wagon".

*sigh*

A relapse.

later...