Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Family Medicine & Social Media


I was very happy to be part of a presentation last weekend at the Family Medicine Education Consortium meeting in Hershey, PA. In the video above, you'll see the highlights of my portion of a presentation having to do with Family Medicine and social media. I want to apologize for the poor lighting and fair sound quality of this video. I'm still a novice at being a videographer, but I hope that the content will keep you watching.

The big picture point of my talk is that Family Medicine has a unique story to tell as far as our point of view of how we take care of patients. It is my opinion that we as a speciality have allowed others to define who we are and what we do. And, most of the time, we are on the defensive explaining why we are not the stereotype that others characterize us to me. Family Medicine needs to stand up and advocate for itself, and I hope this message came through in this talk. As always, I welcome your feedback. Enjoy!

No comments: