Saturday, September 26, 2009

Show 118 Wrap-up



Thanks to everyone who checked out show number 118 this week. It was tv premiere week for the fall season this week and it's always a challenge to compete against that, but I think we had a good time. The topics discussed on the show included medical students tweeting while in the hospital, some flu news updates, and some not-so-serious news. I also gave a brief update on my preparations for BlogWorld and New Media Expo coming up next month.

I ended the show talking about what commonly happens in social/new media as far as "blog burnout," "podfading," and when things no longer are fun and having to take a break. A podcast I frequently listened to had their final broadcast this past week and it made me ask myself if all this podcasting/blogging is still fun for me. I admit that it can be challenging sometimes to maintain a positive energy level and try not to let the negativity of my real life bleed into my digital life. But, it was an interesting way to finish this show. (You can listen to the show on the player above. Or, if you like, you can download the show by clicking here and listen to the show anytime.)

In case you're wondering, I will be having a Saturday Night show this week which will be Show 119 and it will be Saturday, September 26, 2009 at 9pm Eastern Time on BlogTalkRadio. I haven't settled on a topic as of yet. Probably review some more news stories - like the latest stories on the flu and other medical/health related stories. And, of course, talking about some not-so-serious news stories. So, if you get a chance, I invite you to the show tonight. Or, if you can't join us live, feel free to check us out on the archives. Have a great weekend everybody!

No comments: