Thursday, September 03, 2009

Dr. A Show 114: Columbus Groove


BlogTalkRadio Listen Live
Thursday, September 3rd, 2009 at 9:30pm ET (Note time change)

This week, I'm very happy to welcome author Brandice Schnabel to The Doctor Anonymous Show. She and I met through Podcamp Ohio and she's been on the show before. Little did I know that she has been "secretly" putting together a collection of poetry for publication. On August 22nd, she announced on her blog that the project/book is called "Columbus Groove," and we'll be talking about it on the show this week.

In this self-reflective post, she shared this with her blog readers:
I’ve really been hesitant to talk much about the book, because I’ve let silly insecurities get the best of me up until a week or so ago. Telling people you’re self-publishing can open you up for a long of ignorant and hurtful criticism, usually by fellow writers who want to accuse you of cutting corners or simply not writing anything good enough to be published traditionally. I’ve been lucky enough not to field those comments since announcing this project to writing friends, but I’ve heard the comments all too often before becoming a self-publisher myself.
If you are new to the show, I encourage you to catch us live. There is a great chat room that also goes on. You can even see my shining face on the webcam. (Although I've had problems with the webcam lately) In addition, you can call into the show to say hello. Can't catch us live? That's ok. You can listen anytime after the show as it is saved as a podcast so you can listen later.

For first time Blog Talk Radio listeners:
*Although it is not required to listen to the show, I encourage you to register on the BlogTalkRadio site prior to the show. I think it will make the process easier.

*To get to my show site, click here. As show time gets closer, keep hitting "refresh" on your browser until you see the "Play/Chat" button. Then, of course, press the "Play/Chat" button.

No comments: