Monday, December 29, 2008

Medblog Award Nominations


In the midst of all the holiday stuff going on, I forgot to mention this last week. I've been a fan of the Medgadget Medblog Awards ever since I first started blogging over 2 years ago. In those early days, two things which really made me feel like a "real" medblogger were being listed on blogrolls (which I already talked about here - great discussion over there BTW) and being nominated for Best New Medical Weblog in 2006. I didn't win, but I did my best to try to campaign for the win.

Now, I didn't win (don't know why - hehe), but that was a fun process to be a part of. Last year, I asked not to be nominated. I really didn't feel I did that good of a job with my writing. Instead, I interviewed Nick Genes on the show about the awards. And, even had the creators of the Medgadget blog themselves on the show to talk about the awards. That was fun.

This year, nomination close this Wednesday, January 31st, 2008. My blogging this year has been very minimal, so I definitely should not be nominated (and don't want to be nominated) this year. But, if you haven't already, I encourage you to check out the list and make your nominations.

The categories include the following: Best Medical Weblog, Best New Medical Weblog (est 2008), Best Literary Medical Weblog, Best Clinical Sciences Weblog, Best Health Policies/Ethics Weblog, Best Medical Technologies/Informatics Weblog, and Best Patient's Blog.

Finalists will be announced on Monday, January 5th. Voting will be from January 6th until 12 midnight ET on Sunday, January 18th. The winners of this year's awards will be announced on Friday, January 23rd, 2009. The nominations lists are getting pretty crowded. So, get those additional nominations in today. Good luck to all those nominated!

No comments: