Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Show Preview


Ok, you're probably wondering what I was talking about on Twitter when I said something like, "My Christmas Gift." Well, it's the video above. And before everyone out there gets the wrong idea. The last part of the video above comes from the video vault of Dr. A. A few weekends ago, I was going through some old video tapes from high school. Back then, we had these bulky video cameras and either wanted to be a Hollywood filmmaker or a comedian.

In the video above, you'll find old, old footage of me and my high school friends at an amusement park ride. We were on a "science" field trip in which we were given some physics problems to figure out during the course of the day. Above, we're in line for a lame ride, and we're just passing the time, just talking about nothing.

I can't believe I wore those geeky glasses back then. You'll also see the Kent State University sweatshirt I was wearing as well. It was my dream at the time to go to Kent State, but that didn't happen. I lived at home and went to good of Youngstown State University for college. Also in the video above, you'll see the poofed out hair styles which defined the 80s - good stuff.

Finally, you'll see some of the early glimpses of my comedic genius in action, even as a teenager - hehe. This video was so much fun to put together. I'm a little bit embarrassed to put this out, but I figured, what the heck. It's my Christmas gift to all of you.

BTW, speaking of Christmas, join us for The Doctor Anonymous Christmas Show which will be Thursday, December 18th, 2008 at 9pm Eastern Time. We'll be talking about Christmas memories from childhood, your favorite Christmas movies, TV shows, music, and whatever else comes to mind. I'll also be joined by a couple of mystery guests. See you for the show!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were such a cute teenager, Dr. A! There was a funny cut away to a line of teens picking their noses at one point. Thanks for that Christmas gift. :)

coaster1robert said...

Waiting in line for DT,That it,a short video, Oh well not big thrill seeker,are you Dr.A.
You should took your girlfriend on the back seat of Gemini,you can really feel the negative G's on that drop. Robert

Anonymous said...

OMG! What a cutie. I would have asked you out to the Sadie Hawkins dance.

Anonymous said...

I love it! So HAWT! ;)

~Kat
your Llanview Lowdown hostess with the mostest!

rlbates said...

Love the video! Merry Christmas