Monday, November 24, 2008

GeekBrief TV covers New Media Medicine


Geek Brief Live #469 from Cali Lewis on Vimeo.

I watch and listen to a lot of tech podcasts. I was pleasantly surprised to see one of the leading tech video podcasts, GeekBrief TV, cover a recent medical conference which highlighted new media. Cali Lewis, the host of the podcast, stated that this is the first GeekBrief devoted to all med techie stories. I cannot tell you how happy I was to see this. Hopefully, as the medical blogosphere, er, New Media Medicine, continues to grow and mature as a sector of new media - coverage for all the great stuff we do will continue.

I also encourage you to check out Cali's entire presentation at this conference via iTunes U. In this presentation she opens with how she and her husband began with only an idea and how it evolved to one of the most popular tech video podcasts out there. Then, they record this video podcast right in front of the live audience. Finally, they review some of the equipment that they use (very cool for me to see). Thanks to GeekBrief for covering a little medicine in their show. I hope to see more med topics!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I had such a great time putting this medical episode together. It's pretty amazing what's going on in the medical field. :)