Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Dr. A Show 59 preview


This week, The Doctor Anonymous Show is back home at world headquarters to broadcast Show 59. We're happy to welcome the author of the blog called "The Sterile Eye" whose name is Øystein Horgmo.

He's a medical photographer and he'll be calling in LIVE from Norway (where it will be 4AM Friday morning - I'm still amazed by people who would wake up in the middle of the night to call into and/or listen to the show). I want to thank our blog friend Ramona for contacting me and letting me know of this blog. Here is his first post ever from one year ago:
I’ve been working as a medical videographer for some years now. In many ways it is a lonely line of work. Not many people earn their money by making videos of medical and surgical procedures. Most can’t even stand the thought. So why bother the web with a blog about it?

First of all I want to share my experiences. The learning curve has been pretty steep, and there has been few colleagues and even fewer books to learn from. So I’m guessing there must be someone out there who desperately need some advice on videotaping a colectomy or making a good ultrasound clip. Just like I did a few years back.

But I also believe my experiences could prove to be interesting to outsiders. Being present when people are at their most vulnerable, like at the CT for detecting cancer or when in deep narcosis during surgery, is a special and strange priviliege. I’d like to share some of my stories with you. Hope you’ll find something interesting here, something to think about and maybe something to laugh at.
He also celebrated his one year blogiversary (yesterday!). And, as you can see from this post, Øystein is very excited to be on the show this week. So, join us on Thursday, November 13th, 2008 at 9pm Eastern Time (0200 UTC) for Doctor Anonymous Show 59.

Cannot catch the show live? That's ok, because each and every Doctor Anonymous Show is available for download on my BlogTalkRadio page. And, if you have iTunes, you can click here to subscribe to my iTunes feed. So, that you, the Dr. A loyal listener can check out the show anytime! Plus, if you listen live, you can participate in the chat room, and even see my shining face on the webcam. How cool is that? I know. See you for the show!

1 comment:

rlbates said...

Looking forward to the show. I love "the Sterile Eye" blog!