Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Dona Nobis Pacem


A small group of thoughtful people could change the world.
Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
-Margaret Mead

I know this post is early, but it's already November 6th in some parts of the world. I wanted to thank Mimi for all of your hard work in putting this together. The Peace Globe Movement has been very inspiring to watch over the past couple of years.

BlogTalkRadio Listen Live

After you check out the blogosphere and see all the peace globes, make sure to check out Mimi Lenox herself who will be on The Doctor Anonymous Show 56 which will be on Thursday, November 6th, 2008 at 9pm Eastern time. (And even if you cannot listen live, the show will be archived you can listen here later or even download it later so you can listen whenever you want!) We'll talk about how the Peace Globes have swept through the blogsosphere. And, of course taking your phone calls. Call in and say hello to Mimi. See you for the show.

If you do listen live, you can even take part in the chat room. It is truly "The show within the show." You can even call in and say hello. A great opportunity to interact with medbloggers you've only read about. And, you will be able to see me on the live webcam during the show! See you tonight!

For first time Blog Talk Radio listeners:
*Although it is not required to listen to the show, I encourage you to register on the BlogTalkRadio site prior to the show. I think it will make the process easier.

*To get to my show site, click here. As show time gets closer, keep hitting "refresh" on your browser until you see the "Click to Listen" button. Then, of course, press the "Click to Listen" button.

*You can also participate in the live chat room before, during, and after the show. Look for the "Chat Available" button in the upper right hand corner of the page. If you are registered with the BTR site, your registered name and picture will appear in the chat room.

*You can also call into the show. The number is on my show site. I'll start taking calls about halfway into the show. Hope these tips are helpful!


Update: Thanks so much to Mimi for being on show 56. (You can click on the above player to listen to the show, or you can download the show here.) It was really great talking with Mimi again. For me, it's been very special seeing the growth of the Peace Globe Movement and BlogBlast For Peace. I was blown away learning that there are over one thousand globes that have been put up in the blogosphere. And, the number of countries that are involved - incredible.

Thanks to Lee from the blog called Tar Heel Ramblings for calling into the show. Plus, in the chat room, there were a number of new listeners - undoubtedly there to support Mimi and to wish her well. What a community that she has accumulated and she has put into action.

Thanks also to those who stopped by here - especially to those who left a comment below. I feel bad for not being able to get out there and check out more peace globes. But, the ones that I have seen, they have blown me away. As I told Mimi, I'm fascinated by the creativity that is out there in the blogosphere. I can't wait to see what's next. Thanks again for your support of Mimi. It was great talking with her again.

25 comments:

Mimi Lenox said...

I'll see you tonight, Dr. A! Looking forward to it. Thank you for being a steady supporter of this movement. I sense your enthusiasm as well! It's going to be a beautiful day.

Peace to you and yours,
Mimi

Ferd said...

Great contribution, Dr. A!
See you tonight.

Travis Cody said...

Peace Doc!

Barbara said...

Peace to you, Doctor !

jmb said...

Peace be with you Dr A. We have the same Margaret Mead quote.

Hootin Anni said...

The quote choice for your globe is wonderful!!

Come on over, and read my impressions of peace if you can find time today.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Peace Doc....Enjoy the day

Michelle said...

Happy Peace day to you.

9 pm Eastern Time? I'm in Scotland so I'm guessing about five to seven hours ahead of you. I'm not sure I'll be up by then so I'll wish everyone a great evening chatting about this amazing experience. Thank you Mimi!! :-)

Ivanhoe said...

I see you are in NE Ohio. We must be neighbors than ;o) Peace & love to you :o)

~*~Patty S said...

Thanks SO much for the info and the link! Sending Peace*Love*Light* to all!

Kanani said...

A great quote by Margaret Mead --who had so many provocative and reasoned thoughts. Hope you'll stop by my blog and read my own thoughts on peace.

j said...

I hope that you have a peace filled day.

Raven said...

Peace. Thank you for your part in helping Mimi promote this event. I'll try to listen in tonight.

Me. Here. Right now. said...

Mimi has such a big heart and a prolific pen. Thanks for joining her. I know I'm proud to be posting as part of her movement.

Billie Greenwood said...

I'm sorry I got here too late for the blogcast, but I'll be cued in for another time. Thanks for all the healing and peace you bring the world.

ShannonW said...

Excellent quote!!! Peace to you and those you love.

ShannonW said...

Excellent quote!!! Peace to you and those you love.

Akelamalu said...

Love the quote. Peace to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

Peace! I hope to listen tonight. But then again, I also planned to join Mimi's chat Sunday...my Old Timer's Disease got me again! :0)

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

do you think I can listen to youtube?
Peace from my blog to yours. . .

Julie said...

It was fun tonight! Thanks for having Mimi on with you!

May the spirit of peace take over!

A fellow Ohio blogger!

Mimi Lenox said...

Thank you for inviting me to your show. I had a great time! It was wonderful to see so many friends there chatting and talking about the movement. You are a pro host with a generous laugh that puts people at ease.

Peace to you and yours,
Mimi

mark's tails said...

Dr. A. as an Anthropology major in college I must say that I love your quote.

Dianne said...

this is my first time as part of Mimi's project and it is amazing!!

All these globes, all these people talking about peace.

I have vowed to visit every post!!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Over a thousand peace globes? It'll take me till next blogblast to visit them all!