Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Show 53 Preview


The Doctor Anonymous Show is honored to welcome a good friend to the show this week. Carrie from the blog called "NeoNurseChic" has been following the blog almost since I started 2 years ago. I've been trying to have her be a guest on the show for a long time.

On her blog, Carrie talks about her constant challenges with headaches. In a post from June 26, she talks about the annual conference of the American Headache Society. She reports about the recent news in the treatment of headaches and migraines. She has made no secret about her frustrations about her chronic illness. Just check out her twitter feed.

As you can tell from the title of her blog, she is a neonatal nurse and for a while, she did talk about her job on her blog. But, then something changed and she removed virtually all of the posts having to do with work from her blog. Following this she took a blog break. She came back (YAY) on June 11, 2008 with this post.

So I haven't blogged here in over a year, although I have blogged sporadically in a couple of other ways, and I continue to follow a couple of my favorite blogs closely! The fact of the matter is that I have missed blogging so much! And blogging on other sites in other ways just hasn't been the same as it was when I had my active blog here at NeoNurseChic. Any return readers will remember why I took my blog private - it was being read at work, and nobody would let me know who was reading it so much, and I started to get paranoid about the information on my blog being used against me in some way. Taking the blog private did ease up on those feelings, but then I felt like I lost a lot of the enjoyment of having a public blog! So, in coming back, I have removed most of my old posts (they're not gone, exactly - just in hiding). I have kept some of the more general posts up - posts which don't make me feel nervous about being read!

Finally, Carrie has a love of music and she talks about it in a post from January 15, 2007 in which she recorded some of her piano playing. Hopefully, I'll be able to download some of those audio files and share them on the show with all of you. So, join us on Thursday, October 23, 2008 at 9pm Eastern Time for The Doctor Anonymous Show. See you then!

No comments: