Friday, October 10, 2008

Show 51 Wrapup: Get Better Health



Thanks so much to Dr. Val Jones for being our guest on The Doctor Anonymous Show 51. In an exclusive to the show, Dr. Val shared her new project with us called "Getting Better" and this URL is http://getbetterhealth.com (I admit I was a little confused because it's "Getting Better" site, but getbetterhealth.com) (You can also download show 51 here)

On the blog portion of the site, she stated in our conversation that she will be focusing on interviews. She is a member of the National Press Club which gives her access to opinion leaders, celebrities, policy makers, and a variety of other people. There will also be "Getting Better TV," in which she will be utilizing video to broadcast conversations with people.

Dr. Val also talked about the "Getting Better Store." In a press release, this is described as somewhere that will "help consumers find the best quality and price on medical equipment, supplies and devices to ease the transition from the doctor's office to their home." She also shares her love for cartoons by having a link to "Getting Better Cartoons" on the site.

One of the great things about the people in new media medicine is that we definitely support each other, and that showed through tonight. Thanks so much to those who called in including Ramona, Kerri, Mother Jones, and Health Train. And, thanks so much for everyone who joined us live in the chat room tonight.

After our interview, I proudly announced that The Doctor Anonymous Show and The Doctor Anonymous Blog will be featured in the November edition of the ACP Internist. The publication has also recently featured Rural Doctoring and Kevin, MD.

Finally, at the very end of the show, I shared a recent appearance I had on the Annie and Burl Live show where they made a parody song about me - very funny stuff. This was in response to a parody song I made about them. And, yes, I did play my bad singing on the show (so you have to check that out). Following the show, I also went about 45 minutes on my Ustream Channel. Thanks so much to all of you who checked out the show and the post show. Have a great weekend!

No comments: