Friday, October 20, 2006

Blogcast update

I just did get home safely. Thanks for all the feedback and positive comments about the blogcast. Also thanks for letting me know about the download problems. If there are still problems, let me know that also.

I've been tinkering with this idea for the past few weeks. And, yesterday, I just decided to do it. I have to tell you, it takes a different type of preparation for a podcast verses a blog. I really didn't know what kind of format that I wanted to take. I literally just made things up on the fly to try to make some sense.

Maybe I'll try again in the next week or so. There still seems like there's something missing, but I haven't quite figured it out yet. Working with the technology is a story in itself. I had no idea about track volumes, master volumes, how close or far to sit from the microphone, or any of that stuff. It's fun, and challenging.

I initially thought that podcasting would be my thing. But, I now know that podcasting for me will only be intermittent. Blogging will remain front and center as my way of expression - because, hey, I'm addicted. Thanks again for all your support.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm downloading your blogcast as I write, but it's really really slow ... we're having a wind storm, so I hope I can get it all downloaded before our power blinks out! If not, I'll just try again tomorrow.

I occasionally do "podcast emails" ... I upload a "podcast" (recorded with HotRecorder, actually. It works with my Skype program.) ... and I upload the recording to my server after I convert it to an MP3 to save size. Then I send the link to the recording by email ... works great for even those with smallest inbox limits.

Can't wait to hear yours!!! :o)

HP said...

That was pretty impressive for a 'fly by the seat of your pants' effort. WOW.

Anonymous said...

That´s the first time I´ve accessed your blog through the Random Blog. You look nice.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I enjoyed stopping in on your blog. I am a FOM--friend of mimi's, or make that a CFOM--cyberfriend of mimi's. After I get my housework done, I'm gonna give your bogcast a listen to. I did a few audioblog posts on my site, and the idea intrigues me, too. Enjoyed your site bunches.

Brittney said...

If you think KC is flat, you ought to get to Nebraska sometime. Not Omaha, they have the bluffs. Get towards Lincoln, better yet, Grand Island. Nothing but corn for miles. :-)

Good blogcast. Last night it wanted to take 2 hours to download, but I tried again this afternoon and it went in about five minutes. I wonder what the issue was.