Monday, November 26, 2007

What's up with Sitemeter?


Every time I try to log into Sitemeter this morning, I get a message saying that my account is unavailable. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know what's going on with sitemeter today? Maybe it's just my account? Yeesh!

Update (3:30pmET): After finally getting to load up the front page of Sitemeter, I found this announcement dated today:

Sometime during Thanksgiving day SiteMeter experienced some major internal system problems. At the moment it appears that access times to SiteMeter.com and all stats pages are extremely slow.

We are also aware that access to s21 accounts appears to be disabled. We are working as quickly as we can to try and find out what the problem is and to get everything back online and working normally. We apologize for the inconvenience. Sincerely, The SiteMeter Team

9 comments:

emily said...

Nope, me too! I just installed it a few days ago and thought I screwed it up somehow...guess not!

My Own Woman said...

Mine's not working today either. In fact, mine won't even come up.

Indiscreet said...

Mine neither. Can´t even see it on my blog anymore.
Pretty annoying, but at least now I know the problem isn´t to be solved by me.

George Williams said...

Cannot even get their main webpage to come up as of 2pm CST today.

Donna. W said...

I can access mine, but it's as slow as molasses in January.

Going Comomdo said...

Thanks, Doc. I've been bewildered for a few days now - super slow connectivity to SiteMeter, and most of the time, can't get through at all. I thought it was me.

Mimi Lenox said...

I am having the same problem. I want to cancel my advanced account with them and I can't get in to do that. It has been this way for two days. Their paying customers cannot reach them to cancel.
What a brilliant strategy!

The Curmudgeon said...

I don't believe it was limited to "s21" accounts -- because mine isn't an s21 and it was down most (if not all) weekend.

But it seems to be coming back now.

Anonymous said...

My account is not an S21 either and I cannot get into my account. When I put in my acct info it takes me to a request your codename and password page. I cannot get into Webs.com either.