Thursday, May 22, 2008

Show 35 Wrap-up




Thanks so much for Amy Tenderich for being on tonight's show 35. (See video post above) I have admired her for a long time and the work that she has done on Diabetes Mine. She said that their website has just been updated, so I encourage you to check that out. We talked about her story about when and how she was diagnosed. She also mentioned a post called "Dr. Suess Fun with Diabetes Book" which apparently garnered a lot of attention.

We also talked about a new diabetes social networking site called Diabetes Connect. I've checked it out and it looks intriguing. I want to wish her the best of luck in getting Diabetes Connect up and running, and congratulate her on the continued success of Diabetes Mine. Amy said that the diabetes community on the internet has just exploded in the past few years. I know I direct my patients to some of these patient blogs to get first hand knowledge of some of these chronic diseases.

After my conversation with Amy, I tried something different to end the show. I had about half and hour of me just talking about stuff. I talked about various news stories like this one, this one, this one, and this one. I'm not sure if I like doing that, so let me know if you like that format (of me commenting on news stories).

Thanks so much for Peggikaye for calling into the show (at almost the very end of the show). With her son just graduating high school and Pk going back to college, this means that they are going to be on the same college campus. How interesting is that?

Finally, I'm on call this weekend for the Memorial Day three day weekend. Hopefully, things will not be too crazy-busy for me working. Don't forget to rate Show number 35 on the BlogTalkRadio site. Have a great weekend everybody!

5 comments:

30 years from Darling said...

My son keeps saying that there will be 2 Dr. Eagler's in the family, but he'll be the 'real' doctor.

gonna have to squash that boy.

There will be competitions for GPA (which is probably not wise for me to compete with him)

Peggikaye

Dan Walter said...

Love the show. I would love some feedback on my medical blog:http://adventuresincardiology.wordpress.com/

It is a work in progress, so I would appreciate any comments

Thanks!
Dan Walter

Vijay said...

Another great show Dr.A.
I think I'm going to get into the chat room next time and threaten people to go rate the show later. I find that I'm one of the few (or is it the only) guys who does it ;o)

Mary said...

You are the only reason I know how to spell anonymous. I've always missed that "y" in there, but no more! Great show! I'd rate it if I knew how to! I've messed around with it so much.

Anonymous said...

great show