Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Show 34 Preview and other stuff


I don't know about you, but this has just been a crazy week for me. Why is it that you're getting ready to take a vacation (even 2 days), you're really busy before you leave AND you're busy when you get back? That has happened to me this week. That's why I've been quiet here and even on Twitter this week.

BTW, if you haven't already, check out Grand Rounds 4.34 over at the Health Business Blog by David Williams. His blog was one of the ones that took part in the April Fools Grand Rounds. He's got a great blog over there, including a number of podcast interviews with medical professionals. Thanks for including my GR post this week:
Are doctors overmedicating kids? Doctor Anonymous raises the issue but keeps his own verdict close to the vest.
Interestingly enough, I was mentioned again in this week's Grand Rounds. TBTAM (former guest on The Doctor Anonymous Show 25) made some comments about my recent interview with Paul Levy. Here David Williams' take on TBTAM's post:
Doctor Anonymous interviewed Beth Israel Deaconess president Paul Levy. The Blog That Ate Manhattan was eating it up at least for a while. Here’s an administrator who gets it, who’s empathetic toward docs and generally a good guy. 

But then she reacts (or possibly overreacts, as she admits) to a comment Levy made about dealing with a difficult doc in a negotiation. In the comments section Levy explains himself further: Doctors should be expected to communicate and negotiate well as part of their jobs, and not just in dealing with administrators. 

Meanwhile GruntDoc was listening to the podcast, too. He didn’t take umbrage at Levy’s comment. In fact he’s a bit embarrassed that doctors display such “horrible” negotiation skills.
WOW! It's great to see the show causing such a stir out there in medical blogland. This is exactly what I was hoping this show would do - cause more discussion. Fascinating...

Anyway, I would like to invite everyone out there to The Doctor Anonymous Show on Thursday, May 15, 2008 at 9pm Eastern Time where we may further discuss these topics and a lot more. I have no scheduled guests, so it will be me rambling on about - whatever. And, of course, taking your phone calls. I'm excited to tell you about my trip to VEGAS. Has anyone out there been to Vegas? Call in and tell me about it. See you for the show!

2 comments:

Kerri. said...

I must say - you look mad cool in that photo. :D

Anonymous said...

Nice pic Dr. A.! ha ha ha ha