Sunday, February 17, 2008

Mac users are snobs?


This is according to this video report from The Street (via Insanely Great Mac and The Unofficial Apple Weblog).

The assertions made by this report include the following: Mac users more likely to use teeth-whitening products; Mac users bought on average five new pairs of sneakers in the last year; More likely to buy organic food; More likely to frequent Starbucks; More likely to own a hybrid car; Mac users are perfectionists; Prefer to drive station wagons; More likely to pay for downloaded music.

To me, this report is pretty funny. I hardly resemble any of the characterizations above or in the report. (I'll let you sort out which ones you think I am.)

But, I will not stand for this painting of a broad brush of all Mac users. There is too much discrimination going on in this country right now. Can't I stand on my own merits? Does the computer that I use determine the person I am and how you should treat me? I think not. I will not stand for this. I am a Mac, and I'm proud of it! YAY!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. I am a Mac and I buy organic food. But I disagree with the judgment. Peace! :-)

OHN said...

Having fiddled around with my sons Mac, I have to admit it is a great machine and when I finally decide that I can pull myself away from my antique D*ll desktop, I have been convinced to go Mac--heck I may even start buying organic food, though I draw the line at a station wagon, I am holding out for a hot little two seater convertible :)

Anonymous said...

Good grief. Stereotypes abound!

Not me...

Mother Jones RN said...

A sob, who, me? Oh my, I must ponder this assertion while I’m out buying my SIXTH pair of sneakers, and while I guzzling my Starbucks Latte. I guess some people can’t stand seeing Mac uses enjoying the highlife. They need download some soothing music on an iPod and chill out.

MJ