Sunday, April 01, 2007

Gmail Paper: April Fools!

Funny stuff from Google/Gmail today. As I log out of my Gmail this morning, I see the ad below. It's worth checking out. Kind of funny....
-----

New! Introducing Gmail Paper

Everyone loves Gmail. But not everyone loves email, or the digital era. What ever happened to stamps, filing cabinets, and the mailman? Well, you asked for it, and it’s here. We’re bringing it back.

A New Button
Now in Gmail, you can request a physical copy of any message with the click of a button, and we'll send it to you in the mail.

Simplicity Squared
Google will print all messages instantly and prepare them for delivery. Allow 2-4 business days for a parcel to arrive via post.

Total Control
A stack of Gmail Paper arrives in a box at your doorstep, and it’s yours to keep forever. You can read it, sort it, search it, touch it. Or even move it to the trash—the real trash. (Recycling is encouraged.)

Keep it Secret, Keep it Safe
Google takes privacy very seriously. But once your email is physically in your hands, it's as secure as you want to make it.


Learn more about Gmail Paper

9 comments:

XE said...

That is too awesome! I love the part about the organic soybean sputum!

katie eggeman said...

Funny!
The day is getting started. I am just glad it happened on a weekend, it should dilute the pranks in the office.

Nikki Neurotic said...

Google's always had a great sense of humor. Does anyone else remember that "weapons of mass destruction" thing that was going around about five years ago? Or, typing in George W. Bush and hitting the "I'm feeling lucky" button?

coaster1robert said...

Funny,something new and different.

Anonymous said...

I also saw this when checking my gmail. I think its just an APril Fool's joke. Can't people print their own email on their own printer if they want to? BTW, I really enjoy your blog doc.

Anonymous said...

They had a TiSP thing on their search page too . . . free high speed internet connection--installation was through flushing your toilet! LMAO! Every year they do something funny like that on April 1.

Anonymous said...

This is great...thanks for sharing LOL Muddy

Kirsten said...

Yet another reason I like Google so much. I don't use Gmail, only because I am so attached to my current email address, but leave it to the nerds at the Googleplex to come up with something so brilliant.

Foofa said...

Believe it or not I think that is a good idea.