Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday at #aafpncsc


Wrapping up day 2 here in Kansas City at the National Conference of Special Constituencies by the American Academy of Family Physicians. As I type this, this is the end of the day where I am listening to a bunch of inspiring stories and speeches and people are putting themselves forward for election to the AAFP national meeting.

I took place in an initial stage of the election process this morning. Unfortunately, I did not succeed to this final round of ballotting, but it was such a great time just going through the process and pushing myself personally and professionally to try again to serve my specialty.

In addition to elections and talking about policies, I attended a few educational sessions. My favorite one was about Media Training For Physicians. I definitely learned a lot during that session - some of which I'll start applying to some of the media work in the future.

Tomorrow is the last day of the meeting. It's been a great experience talking with colleagues from around the country on a variety of issues for our patients. I apologize for not doing so much video from here, but my schedule was so busy. I'll have to make more to say about the meeting when I've had a chance to process everything that happened here. Have a great weekend everybody!

No comments: