Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The Bertalan Mesko Interview


For the first time ever on The Doctor Anonymous Show, we have a scheduled guest, for the entire show, who will be joining us from Europe (about 5,000 miles or 7,500 kilometers from where I'm sitting right now).

Bertalan Mesko who is the author of Science Roll will be joining the show on Thursday, March 6th, 2008 at 9pm Eastern Time. He will be joining us live when it will be 3am his time. So, you cannot miss this show. According to his blog, he is a medical student at the University of Debrecen, Hungary (5th year of the 6). Here is other information from his blog:
I plan to become a clinical geneticist specialized in personalized genomics. I believe that the future of medicine belongs to this field. On this blog, my aim is to make medicine, genetics more readable even for those who are not too interested in them. That’s why I mostly write about genetic testing, personalized genetics, the most important news of clinical genetics and, of course, popular medicine.

I also work on the relationship between web 2.0 and medicine. I try to provide useful content; tools and services that could ease the work of physicians, medical students, nurses or medical librarians. I have already given presentations at the University of Yale, the hospital of Greenwich or the Medicine Meets Virtual Reality conference in Long Beach, but I keep giving slideshows at Hungarian clinics and departments.

I maintain two blog carnivals:
Gene Genie: the carnival of genes and gene-related diseases
Medicine 2.0: the carnival of web 2.0 and medicine

My Hungarian medical blog can be found here: mediq.blog.hu I’ll never forget the works of Stanislaw Lem, I like listening to Ray Charles and consider Isaac Newton as an idol.
Now, I have to tell you that the technical aspect of this has been really challenging this week. Right now, this is scheduled to be The Talkshoe Doctor Anonymous Show.

I don't even know if the technology is going to work at this point - we're still trying to work that out. So, this may be on of my best shows ever, one of my last shows ever, or, I might even cancel the show at the last minute. So, you'll definitely have to tune in. I'll have some instructions tomorrow on how to utilize the Talkshoe site. Let's hope this works!

1 comment:

YS said...

So Thursday it is. I sure hope everything works out well this time.

I don't know if you usually allow this but I would like to take this opportunity to submit some questions (its relatively hard for me to call in).

*Is he a straight A student or something near it? (you know what I mean)

*Is he planning on continuing his education in the US (feel free not to answer)

*Does he encourage other medical students to run their own blogs?

*How does he manage to maintain a successful blog along with his medical studies?

*What is the story behind his passion to Genetics?

Thanks a lot Dr.A You will alway have a finger print in the history of medical blogging ;)